Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perhaps the FA should stick to football?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Spurs fans continued to use the term 'yid' in their chants at the weekend. The FA last week described the word as 'offensive' and said that its' use could be a 'criminal offence'. When used by fans in the game against Norwich, no action was taken by the club, via the PA or stewards, to dissuade the use of the term.

Bloody good for Spurs I say! Since when have the FA been able to judge what is and isn't a criminal offence? Maybe if they put more effort into improving the quality of English players and coaches, rather than jumping on every PR/PC bandwagon we might get an English team that might compete with the rest of the world.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
And boxxxxks to The Independant journo too.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Would put a link of the Y word chant but I don't want to upset anyone. Think a Chelsea fan might have had something to do with uploading it onto youtube.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Thanks for the link. That piece is so much better written and better argued than the piece in the Indy it's untrue. While I'm not convinced by his argument, I readily concede he makes two or three very valid points that gives me pause for thought. The Indy piece, by contrast, just made me furious; not least because he seems to have invented a Brighton chant that I've never heard us sing.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It's very similar to the “N word”. People want to reclaim the word that has caused pain and offence throughout their people's history but in doing so legitimise its usage which leads to people who are not black, or Jewish in this case, feeling like they can use because they do. People jump on this "political correctness gone mad” bandwagon because they completely fail to realise the weight words carry and think they have right to use them regardless of the offence is causes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here