Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Tricks of the trade"

getz

Jan 15, 2010
What tricks of the trade can you tell us about in your profession

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I can seriously recommend NOT sharing your tricks of the trade on a public footie based chat forum.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I work in IT, "have you tried turning it off and on again" doesn't actually do anything but gives us a chance to google your problem while you are re-starting your PC.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Smile at the director, nod at the director, agree with the director. Then do exactly what you were going to do in the first place.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
When you write a sentence, try to use words that contain no more than two syllables. Damn it!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
A main trick of the trade would be not to give away the tricks of the trade.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I take calls for a chunk of the day. I tell whoever is on the other end that i'll get the matter urgently sorted and remove the worry from their minds. I sign off the call with the name Barry Hinds, which isn't my name, return the receiver to its cradle, and then log on here to think of the next foolish thing to say, performing no professional task at all. The secret of good customer service is to deceive and mislead effectively and speedily so the whingeing botherers arse off and i can get back on with my life.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If you ever have need of an accountant or a lawyer, always tell them the complete truth. They can't do their job properly if you don't.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Measure twice, cut once. After all, you can cut a bit off but you can't cut a bit on.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
When I worked in A&E and needed a break from the grind I would walk around purposefully with a clipboard looking at things on shelves and scribbling a load of bollocks.

That, my friends is why you wait for hours in there..all the medics are doing the same thing....oh, and eating sweets and checking their Facebook.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here