Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ashley Barnes thread for the Reading game.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Thought he looked like a classy, experienced pro today. Looked like he meant serious business as he walked to the line to come on today, with a serious, 'I'm back, don't mess with me' expression on his face. If he was a new unheard of Spanish signing, we would be drooling over the quality of his play, the fabulous volley on the turn and the unlucky bounce off the post back to the keeper. We really need to get that contract extended while we can still afford him.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
He's one of the most inconsistent players I've seen in a long time. He'll go from having a blinder, looking like he could be our answer to the striker problem, then the week after he's shit. He's still young, and I reckon in 2 years time he'll be playing Premier League football.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I would say he's barely put a foot wrong since he returned from Tripgate.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
His performance was top class in the lone strikers role, THAT is what he is very good at. He needs to be more selfish for the benefit of his career, and our team.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
His performance was top class in the lone strikers role, THAT is what he is very good at. He needs to be more selfish for the benefit of his career, and our team.

But to be fair, he does a good job wherever he has played, but I do agree down the middle is his best role.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
To be fair to Barnes he scored the first hat-trick at the Amex but one of his goals were credited to CMS because it brushed his leg on the way in.

Oh, and he looked quality today.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
If he had scored with that volley, everyone would be saying he is back. I think he looked top quality and is a decent replacement for Ulloa. I also love the way that Ulloa gets that red card, people say he was trying to win the ball, unlucky him. Had it been Ashley, this place would have erupted. And I mean a full on meltdown.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If he had scored with that volley, everyone would be saying he is back. I think he looked top quality and is a decent replacement for Ulloa. I also love the way that Ulloa gets that red card, people say he was trying to win the ball, unlucky him. Had it been Ashley, this place would have erupted. And I mean a full on meltdown.

This.
Petulant Barnes bla bla bla. Fickle.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Ash was superb today - very unlucky not to score. That volley with his 2nd(?) touch of the game was class. He's been one of our most consistent players over the last couple of years. He's always been excellent for us and Ive never got why some don't seem to see it.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
spot on :thumbsup:

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
He really doesn't. He will give 7/10 in most games he does not have a blinder in. He does occasionally have a shit game, like every player that has ever existed.

I disagree. But I feel Ash shows determination when others don't. I think it's mainly the fact he gets played out of position, and when he does get put in his natural position, as a striker, he plays well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here