Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calde

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Played more like a forward for the last 15 minutes but opposition players seemed to ghost past him alarmingly these days when he is in defence.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We all know he's not the best defensively at this level, but he works his arse off, and he's filling the gap reasonably well. I thought he was OK today.

In second half injury time, he exchanged passes with someone down the right (I imagine Buckley), and absolutely bust a gut to get forward and on to the return ball ahead of the Reading midfielder. To see a defender working that hard to get forward after 91 minutes was enormously heartening and shows his desire to win.

He's alright :thumbsup:

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
We all know he's not the best defensively at this level, but he works his arse off, and he's filling the gap reasonably well. I thought he was OK today.

In second half injury time, he exchanged passes with someone down the right (I imagine Buckley), and absolutely bust a gut to get forward and on to the return ball ahead of the Reading midfielder. To see a defender working that hard to get forward after 91 minutes was enormously heartening and shows his desire to win.

Great attitude. Busts a gut all the time. Should have done better with that free header. Everyone loves him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not many ran further and covered more of the pitch, than Calde today.

I thought he excellent today, he'll not be up against the likes of Bridge every week.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bridge worried me every time e pressed forward today. Great player.

Calde is just ... Calde. Will go down as a BHA legend. Long may he continue with the club.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Great attitude. Busts a gut all the time. Should have done better with that free header. Everyone loves him.

Missed some great chances today. Spanish Dave one on one with the keeper on the corner of the six yard box, springs to mind.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't get me wrong we all love Calde and he has been magnificent since day 1 at Walsall away but with more pacey Championship players it may be a problem at some point

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Don't get me wrong we all love Calde and he has been magnificent since day 1 at Walsall away but with more pacey Championship players it may be a problem at some point

As Bill Shankly said, "the first five yards are in your head..."

Plus, as everyone has observed over the past four years, very rarely is a Brighton full-back - pace or no pace - left exposed in a one-on-one with a speedy winger from the opposition. There is almost always doubling up on them.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As Bill Shankly said, "the first five yards are in your head..."

Plus, as everyone has observed over the past four years, very rarely is a Brighton full-back - pace or no pace - left exposed in a one-on-one with a speedy winger from the opposition. There is almost always doubling up on them.

same as we experience at the other end of the pitch when say buckley (in form) in on the ball ..invariably there is a doubling up no matter how good the full back

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've always seen Calde as a solid right back. I just hope he's not trying to outshine what Bruno does going forward to keep his place, Calde is great in defence, and IMO works better with Buckley than Bruno. Bruno is technically the better but I prefer Calde.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Top post. I actually thought he was v good today. Love his attitude...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here