Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday will be the first time the Albion have faced Bobby Zamora since 2005...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Wrong, I think.

The West Ham FA Cup tie at the Boleyn was more recent than that.

He took some part in that as I'm sure I remember him coming over to applaud our fans after the game.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wrong, I THINK.

He took some part in that as I'm sure I remember him coming over to applaud our fans after the game.

It was and he did !

D

Deleted User X18H

Wrong, I think.

Yeah that was Jan 2007. Did he play though?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Always remember BZ accidentally/deliberately scuffing one round the post at Withdean in the 2-2 game then turning and winking to H Block. Probably my memory playing tricks tho eh? :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Always remember BZ accidentally/deliberately scuffing one round the post at Withdean in the 2-2 game then turning and winking to H Block. Probably my memory playing tricks tho eh? :wink:

Almost right, he was through on goal but passed it square to a team mate who wasn't in such a good position, then turned and winked at Gary Hart.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
West Ham: Carroll, Dailly, Ferdinand (Spector 45), Gabbidon, McCartney, Benayoun, Mullins, Noble, Boa Morte (Newton 73), Cole (Zamora 68), Tevez.
Subs Not Used: Green, Sheringham.

Goals: Noble 49, Cole 58, Mullins 90.

Brighton: Henderson, O'Cearuill, Lynch, Butters, Mayo, Fraser (Hart 51), El-Abd, Hammond, Frutos (Rents 67), Revell (Gatting 84), Robinson.
Subs Not Used: Kuipers, Carpenter.

Booked: Mayo, El-Abd.

Att: 32,874

Ref: M Halsey (Lancashire).

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
West Ham: Carroll, Dailly, Ferdinand (Spector 45), Gabbidon, McCartney, Benayoun, Mullins, Noble, Boa Morte (Newton 73), Cole (Zamora 68), Tevez.
Subs Not Used: Green, Sheringham.

Goals: Noble 49, Cole 58, Mullins 90.

Brighton: Henderson, O'Cearuill, Lynch, Butters, Mayo, Fraser (Hart 51), El-Abd, Hammond, Frutos (Rents 67), Revell (Gatting 84), Robinson.
Subs Not Used: Kuipers, Carpenter.

Booked: Mayo, El-Abd.

Att: 32,874

Ref: M Halsey (Lancashire).

I got bloody soaked that day

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Wednesday will be the first time the Albion have faced Bobby Zamora since 200...

Will we face him though as haven't Austin and Johnson been playing upfront for them recently.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bobby Z is injured and requires a hip operation that would put him out for the whole of the season with the following season still under contract. As he was substituted at half-time, it does not look as he is fit enough to play.

http://www.london24.com/sport/qpr_2...t_would_rule_him_out_of_next_season_1_2170672

If this was all accurate, I would have thought he would have the operation during this summer. In fact it might have been best if he had the operation when QPR were fighting relegation in January (arguable?). His career might be nearing its end ?

"Redknapp, who has long-exulted the virtues of the former England international, admitted that he believed that the frontman was fitter than he actually was."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20425856

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Remember Tevez absolutely running the show that day. We played well for the first 45 minutes made it to h/t 0-0.

that was the game he turned good for them, also Boa Morte made his debut for them aswell against us

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Wrong, I think.

Very true...all brighton fans gave him a terrific reception.....and he kind of missed a header that was almost a certain goal...bless you Bobby...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here