Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings v Reading (a)

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone want to give ratings? I'm not comfortable giving ratings from watching on TV because I don't always give the TV my full attention.

But, some thoughts:

I'm not sure Kuszczak was particularly challenged.
Defence got tired and sloppy late on
KLL seemed to watch the game go by early on, but got more into it, still not sure he was as good as some comments I've seen suggest he was
Still not seeing anything in JFC to warrant all the rave reviews he seems to get and the calls for him to get more first team chances
Barnes looked good when he came on, Buckley m'eh.
Ulloa was stupid for that challenge, it was unnecessary, and now we're without him for three games which is going to cost us.
How many games have we had in these last three seasons where we've had so many chances and not taken them. That is something Oscar needs to work on more than anything.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
TV ratings from me...... which also doesn't tell the whole story, but hey-ho.....

Kuszczak - 7
Calderon - 7
Ward - 7
Greer - 7
Upson - 7
JFC - 6
Andrews - 7.5
Lopez - 6
Crofts - 7
KLL - 7.5 - MoM
Ulloa - 5

Barnes - 7
Buckley - 6

Felt we were the better team. Barnes made a difference, when he came on. Thought KLL put a tremendous shift in today, would like to have seen Agustein for JFC, as I feel his passing might have opened Reading up towards the end.

For me on TV I thought the ref got most things right. However, having booked KLL, I don't undertsnad why Drenthe(?), didn't get a second yellow for chopping down KLL shortly afterwards.

Reading were very poor.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Kuszczak - 7 -had few shots, but his distribution could have been better
Calderon - 7 - solid game and was good coming forward
Ward - 8 very solid and good on the ball, good attacking threat - should have put that chance away near the end
Greer - 7 - very solid
Upson - 8 was excellent in the air
JFC - 6 - didn't do much wrong, but didn't set the world on fire either
Andrews - 8 very decent performance in the Liam role
Lopez - 5 - really not on the top of his game. Lazy misplaced passes put us under a lot of pressure at times
Crofts - 8 - so much better than last season and first games this season, delighted to see him back to form
KLL - 8 was everywhere did most things well
Ulloa - 7 was great when on, but stupid to get sent off

Barnes - 8 was excellent when he came on
Buckley - 6 didn't really have a big enough impact.

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
Kuszczak - 7 - he made some crucial saves and collected the ball well most the time

Calderon - 7 - Got forward a lot and had couple chances to score, not much bad by him
Greer - 8 - Solid at the back, led the defence well
Upson 7 - Done good but think remember him slipping up once or twice
Ward - 7 - like Calderon he got forward a lot but also done well in defence including when they were clean threw, should done better with his shot though

Andrews - 8 - He had a solid game for us, been great since he came here and played the Bridcutt role well
Crofts - 7 - got forward a lot today and was very unlucky with the header
JFC - 6/7 - He had a good game today, showed some inexperience at times but linked well

David - 6 - He did play a couple of good balls but he was hardly on the ball through most of the first half, prob still lacking a little match fitness
Kaz - 8/9 (MOM) - Kaz to me was our best player today, was all over the park and very much deserved his starting place, i hope he keeps it for QPR
Ulloa - 0 - Sorry but in this game he dont deserve a rating, was a deserved red, prob lost his mind for 2 secs as Pearce had been on him and tugging him the whole game (most of you might disagree with me and moan)

Subs
Barnes - 7 - He looked sharp when he came on and was very unlucky not to score on two attempts
Buckley - 5/6 - For me it was pointless him coming on, i was looking forward to him coming on but he wernt really effective at all

this would be my team for QPR this week

Kuszczak
Calderon/Bruno - Greer - Upson - Ward
Agustien
Andrews - Crofts
Conway - Barnes - LuaLua

Subs
Brezovan, El-Abd, Chicksen/Calderon/Bruno, JFC, David, Buckley, Barker

Cant decide bout the 2nd defender on the bench as dont know if Bruno will be back

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Kuszczak - 7 -Couple of decent saves. Looked comfortable
Calderon - 7 - decent enough game, hard work created a couple of chances
Ward - 7 - Same as Calde, maybe should of done better with his chance
Greer - 7.5 - Thought he had a good game. You can see more of what he does as captain on the TV I thought
Upson - 7 - had a decent game, always looked solid
JFC - 6 - Hmmm, can't think of a lot to say about his performance. Could of done worse, could of done better
Andrews - 7.5 - thought he had a good game. Interesting to see what Bolton have got next week if they let him out on loan to us
Lopez - 5.5 - Frustrating because we know he has the quality, didn't really show anything today apart from maybe a couple of free kick deliveries
Crofts - 8 - Probably my MOM, very unlucky with the header in the 1st half and looked good all game
KLL - 8 - Looked good although a couple of times I thought he could of used the pace we all know he has to go outside his man instead of playing it back
Ulloa - 5 - I'm not one of these people that give a "1" when a player gets sent off. He was causing their defence, especially Pearce all kinds of hassle when he was on. Not gonna have a go at him for the red as it was not pre-meditated, it was just the wrong decision.

Barnes - 8 was excellent when he came on, could of had a couple of gaols if it weren't for the keeper
Buckley - 5.5 - No time to impress really but as with KLL thought he could of made more use of his pace

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
PIG 6
Calderon 6
Upson 7
Greer 7
Ward 7
Andrews 7
JFC 5
Spanish 6
Crofts 6
KLL 6.5
Ulloa 4

Digger 7
Buckers 5

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I never give ratings from watching an Albion game on TV or listening to the radio , I have to be at the game to give player ratings from how I've seen them perform from the stands.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Not rating all, but Kusczack looked like he had Velcro on his gloves, held everything. Greer was outstanding at the back - right back to his best. Andrews showed his quality and KLL must now start ahead of Buckley, he created loads for us.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Kuszczak 6

Calderon 6
Greer 8
Upson 7
Ward 7

Andrews 8
JFC 7
Crofts 6

Lua Lua 7
Ulloa 6
Lopez 6

Subs:

Barnes 7
Buckley 6

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
I know he is inexperienced but how is JFC getting such high ratings?
just back from the game and he did absolutely nothing... may have been easier to see on tv though

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
just back from the game and he did absolutely nothing... may have been easier to see on tv though

Watching on tv it seemed like he got a lot of touches and very rarely gave the ball away.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He played a mature game, wanted the ball and moved it well. Looked like a 300 game veteran.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not overly impressed by scores 6 and under today, except for Ulloa and Lopez.
Even SD seemed to have a few more 'moments', which is encouraging.

If people are giving our main attacking threat Calde 6 for how he played Bridge, they have very short memories.

7's to 9's across the board.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Kooshack - 7 - almost a N/A as he had only one save to make

Calderon - 8 - got forward well and kept Bridge pretty well under control
Greer - 7 - No more of those daft, aimless long balls
Upson - 7 - Didn't notice much, could have sat and read the Sunday papers I think
Ward - 8 - very promising, showed some good vision coming forward

Andrews - 8 - controlled things well and showed great ability to thread a ball through and open their defence up
Crofts - 7 - normal hard working and was a dominating force but Andrews just shaded it
JFC - 6 - not as involved as he should have been, needed to go looking for it a bit more

KLL - 8 - MOM performance, had them at this mercy, pity he didn't see even more of the ball
Ulloa - 7 - did all his normal stuff but the high boot was reckless and was always a red as ref looked for a way back
Lopez - 7 - much better than of late, signs of the old Dave

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Yes, and to me too. Not back to his best, but slightly sharper. Re JFC, he seemed to keep it simple, short passes and movement. Didn't give the ball away but nothing really going forward.

Daves delivery on set plays fantastic, JFC probably did what he was told to do, give him a chance. Thought we played well and should have won tbh. Becoming more impressed with Ward, maybe not as quick as Bridge but keen to get forward and very commited. Not worried atm, we never looked like conceding, its now barnes time, lets hope he can take the opportunity.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here