Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Wanted to start this as for once I am one of the first home.

Decent draw that could so easily have been a win. Ref was poor - took any tackle as a yellow card.

Plus points - Crofts was excellent, way better than a few games ago and Ash was a sensation when he came on.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Decent draw that could so easily have been a win. Ref was poor - took any tackle as a yellow card.

Plus points - Crofts was excellent, way better than a few games ago and Ash was a sensation when he came on.

You must of left early shirley?:lolol:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

think u might be overdoing that just a tad......

he did well though

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
think u might be overdoing that just a tad......

he did well though

He was way better than I expected and could so easily have scored - keeper did very well against him. He was the nearest to a goal all day I think.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He was way better than I expected and could so easily have scored - keeper did very well against him. He was the nearest to a goal all day I think.

Barnes is a good striker when played in his correct position.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought Barnes looked lively and as always positionally he is superb and makes up for his limited pace.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
IMO the problem with Barnes is his lack of consistency. it infruriates people because he does have ability. There in lies the big Barnes debate.

Very brave to bring him on in a game where the ref is giving cards for nothing at all.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

He was the ref at Elland Road last season when it ended up 10 v 9. A referee who is consistent in his decisions , he applies the rules of the game to the letter and gives no leeway.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Quite true, I wonder if more ref's applied the rules like that we'd see a reduction in players diving?

And fewer complaints about the referees as people would know where they stood. (Of course there will always be complaints, and even if every referee was consistent and stuck to the letter of the law, some would cry for common sense and such, but generally speaking, fewer complaints).

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
If Barnes was consistent he wouldn't be a Championship/League 1 player.

imo even if barnes was more consistent he still wouldn't be a premier league player - he doesn't posses the all round attributes you need for that step up IMO

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
imo even if barnes was more consistent he still wouldn't be a premier league player - he doesn't posses the all round attributes you need for that step up IMO

He's a sniffer.

He's also a pain in the arse to defenders.

Pearce had a 30 minute period between Ulloa's red card and Barnes coming on where he probably felt he could get the cigars out. Barnes gave him no peace, in the same way Ulloa didn't.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
He's a sniffer.

He's also a pain in the arse to defenders.

Pearce had a 30 minute period between Ulloa's red card and Barnes coming on where he probably felt he could get the cigars out. Barnes gave him no peace, in the same way Ulloa didn't.

yh couldn't agree more......just would be nice to see some more consistency from him. A more consistent barnes would mean a decent Championship striker IMO

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Quite true, I wonder if more ref's applied the rules like that we'd see a reduction in players diving?

Refs should crack down on diving, and I think they are. Ashley Young was at it yesterday, got caught out and got a warning from Moyes for it.

Players are always complaining about ref decisions one minute, and the next they try to cheat and con them.

It was a pathetic dive, he was publicly humiliated, sent off, and I doubt he will do that again.

By all accounts I think the ref had a good game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here