Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When our injured (and suspended) players are all available ...

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
We played Reading off the park with half a team. Why so much negativity?
There's always one :tosser::tosser: trying to bring people's hopes down. Play-offs are a real prospect once we're fully fit, I honestly cannot see how we can't repeat last season. We lost Bridge...that was all, he was hardly effective today. Ward was the much better full back.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There's always one.............

Well, rather more than one, actually. Not trying to bring anybody's hopes down - I hope we'll get to the play-offs or better too - but I just don't feel we're quite such a force this season as we were last year - and the teams that have come down this year look a lot more dangerous too. Up and around the play-offs, sure, but always just playing catch up with them, I think. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Well, rather more than one, actually. Not trying to bring anybody's hopes down - I hope we'll get to the play-offs or better too - but I just don't feel we're quite such a force this season as we were last year - and the teams that have come down this year look a lot more dangerous too. Up and around the play-offs, sure, but always just playing catch up with them, I think. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

I wouldn't say Reading looked particularly strong today......

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We lost Bridge...that was all, he was hardly effective today. Ward was the much better full back.

What the hell game were you watching? Bridge gave us a real run around when he came on with some excellent attacking play and great crosses.

I like Ward, but not sure he's as good as Bridge.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

My opinion is that we are a MUCH better squad than we were last season and all the players, JFC apart, have experience of this division. We now have flair and grit and quality cover in most positions. Our midfield, even without Bridcutt is much more competitive and when we have Ulloa and Barnes available for any length of time, any one of KLL, Buckley and Conway will supply the crosses that will result in inevitable goals. GK and FB are the only places we are a bit light IMO. Once CMS is back we will have a pretty useful clutch of forwards too. As you say though, all about opinions..Premier League here we come :wink:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
My point is that without CMS, Bruno, Bridcut & Orlandi, who were key players for us, last season, we still look a force to be reckoned with. Oscar has made his mark with a more attacking option, and I, for one, am looking forward to the day when we can field a FULL strength side.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Thought we looked good today, a similarly cohesive performance as the one at Birmingham. We clearly play better against the more ambitious sides than against the more limited outfits that just come to disrupt us.

I still think the play-offs are probably the best we can realistically hope for and a top 10 position is a more likely outcome. As has been said before, we're dangerously reliant on Ulloa and a bit light at full back. On the plus side, Crofts looks more like his old self and Andrews in the centre has real quality about him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bridge was excellent but he wasn't 30k a week better than Ward.

Good bit of business.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I think that if we can hang on in there for a few more weeks, (we are already 8 points off the chase) then I feel we could really mount a serious challenge when our absentees return.

In my (albeit limited) opinion, Oscar has got it right and he is the Mu--- N--t- .

Onwards and Upwards BHAFC !

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The problem is that it's going to be a while before a few of them are back and we are probably still a couple of players short. Giving the right backing though, I think Oscar will be very successful here.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

The teams that've come down are no stronger than those that were promoted. QPR are doing well, but they haven't beaten a team by more than 1 goal yet; we've got as much chance against them as we did against Cardiff.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
My opinion is that we are a MUCH better squad than we were last season and all the players, JFC apart, have experience of this division. We now have flair and grit and quality cover in most positions. Our midfield, even without Bridcutt is much more competitive and when we have Ulloa and Barnes available for any length of time, any one of KLL, Buckley and Conway will supply the crosses that will result in inevitable goals. GK and FB are the only places we are a bit light IMO. Once CMS is back we will have a pretty useful clutch of forwards too. As you say though, all about opinions..Premier League here we come :wink:

Spot on.
If fans can't see our potential then there is no hope. We are six games in, we have a number of key players missing and yet we have just taken the game to Reading on their own patch. We are work in progress. When we get a head of steam up, we are going to blow teams away.
OG is more positive than Gus. We will win more games. The improvement still to come is frightening. Compare today with Derby and if we can progress like that in 4 games, then, given time, we are going to zoom up this table.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here