Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your first Albion away game?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not Wembley Cardiff etc
What was your first league/cup match away from Goldstone, Withdean, Amex.

Today is that first for Stat Club Juniors.

As Stat Father didn't take me to away games, I think mine might have been Hull in the FA Cup, the season we ALL went to Peterborough in the next round.

3-2 Albion - mid '80's.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oldham, 1990 (?) when we lost 6-1. My brother took me as a birthday present.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Papa, do you mean 71/72, a promotion year and we left B'muff behind?

My 1st was away at Luton in April 1969. We lost 3-0 and have hated the place ever since.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Northampton Town, season 76/77 I think - it was at the start of the Glory Years, between a home cup draw against Div 1 Derby County and the replay, which we lost. Northampton's ground had a rope down one side (it was shared with the cricket ground) and an enormously high fence in front of the away end, which Tony Towner tried to get over when he scored.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
9th March 1991 away to Millwall with my mate and his Dad. We lost 3-0 but I loved it.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Charlton away 2010, 4-0 win, what a first away game to go to.

....And only (as thread terms exclude the Wembley play off final) was a dire mid week game v Wimbledon at Plough Lane sometime in the mid '80's. Red away kit and we lost 1 - 0 via (I think) an Alan Cork free kick. If the "etc" in the thread starter excludes Priestfield I would also like losing 1 - 0 to a Welsh team (Swansea I think) to be taken into consideration.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As a 10/11 year old skipping off of school from Holy Trinity to go to The Den for a cup tie against Millwall. We bunked the train to New Cross Gate and then I stood outside the Den crying I had lost the money for our entrance and a chap paid for me and my mate to go in. Good day till I got home to face mum and dad for not coming home straight from school.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
As a 10/11 year old skipping off of school from Holy Trinity to go to The Den for a cup tie against Millwall. We bunked the train to New Cross Gate and then I stood outside the Den crying I had lost the money for our entrance and a chap paid for me and my mate to go in. Good day till I got home to face mum and dad for not coming home straight from school.

You rascal! Happy days when young kids could just go off on their own

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Early 90's Plymouth away it was during the Christmas/new year period. Kurt Nogan scored for us that day and I think it was a 1-1 draw.

Funny thing is Plymouth was also the first game I saw at the Goldstone as well.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It was Reading funnily enough. They won the league that day and their was a massive pitch invasion at the end. We had a few thousand up there though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here