Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Galloway-A step too far?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Probably the most controversial MP in the UK is under fire and accused of lying to parliament.

There is no doubt Mr Galloway is an "interesting" chap and has some very outspoken views.

His latest outburst with regards to Syria is landing him in hot water though.

comments made on Iranian Press Tv

and the subsequent question in parliament(about 6 mins in)

follow up interview on the BBC a couple of days ago,Mr G,slightly short of being accused of being a conspiracy theory nutjob seems to now say its the Saudis who are responsible

Put aside what George actually stands for and the rights and wrongs of his message, is their a wider question to answer to,a fundamental stance that if you lie to parliament you should be brought to account.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
They all misrepresent their position in parliament every day, it's hard to police. Galloway's cosying up to middle eastern dictators with a penchant for gassing their own people is the worse crime.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Any politician who has to go onto a reality tv show to promote themselves is egotistical. Galloway wants power and fame and he will say and do anything to get it.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
They all misrepresent their position in parliament every day, it's hard to police. Galloway's cosying up to middle eastern dictators with a penchant for gassing their own people is the worse crime.

there is no evidence they gassed their own people. you keep feeling superior in a nation that last week held the worlds biggest arms fair.....with Syrian ambassadors there to buy.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
there is no evidence they gassed their own people. you keep feeling superior in a nation that last week held the worlds biggest arms fair.....with Syrian ambassadors there to buy.

There is evidence that strongly implicates that the Syrians gassed their own people by you just chose to ignore it. I would suggest the only evidence you would ever accept is that if you were actually there to witness the gas fill warheads being loaded, sat as an observer in a plane and watched the Syrian pilot press the button to deliver the warhead. Any other evidence that you dont' physically witness yourself you will argue as being manipulated and distorted!

As for the arms fair, who were the Syrian ambassadors that were there to buy? I suspect you are referring to is a Russian state representative who was there demonstrating Russian navigation, commication equipment rather than buying. The Russian company that exports weapons did not have a stand. Not ideal but certainly no evidence that weapons were being bought for or by Syria.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Put aside what George actually stands for...

i dont think we should, as he seems to stand for supporting every middle eastern cause that is counter to whatever the current government stance is, while having as little to do as possible with his actual constituency. he has the worst record for attending and voting in parliament, i dont know why he bothers to be a UK MP.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Somebody did it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I can not stand George Goaway, horrible traitorous man, but i had a look at that second clip.......and i have to agree with a lot of what he said. However his stance on Israel stinks.

The situation in Syria is far more complicated than a "Bad Guy" v "Good Guy" conflict. As well as the various Syrian factions, lurking in the foreground (and co-operating with others who may be operating only in the background) are the Russians, the Americans, France, China, the UK, the Saudis, the Israelis, Turkey, Qatar, Lebanon, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, Egypt ... and not all of those nations are bringing a clear perspective to the conflict.

It's beyond the ability of anyone to work out what's going on. It's easy to make a case for saying that George Galloway doesn't know the whole story. But I reckon the same applies to Putin, Obama and Cameron (to name but three). All that I know is that when situations get chaotically out of control, they get more dangerous.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i dont think we should, as he seems to stand for supporting every middle eastern cause that is counter to whatever the current government stance is, while having as little to do as possible with his actual constituency. he has the worst record for attending and voting in parliament, i dont know why he bothers to be a UK MP.

i was just trying to focus on the alleged lying to parliament,its far too easy otherwise to get lost on Planet George Galloway where no one can escape.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The situation in Syria is far more complicated than a "Bad Guy" v "Good Guy" conflict. As well as the various Syrian factions, lurking in the foreground (and co-operating with others who may be operating only in the background) are the Russians, the Americans, France, China, the UK, the Saudis, the Israelis, Turkey, Qatar, Lebanon, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, Egypt ... and not all of those nations are bringing a clear perspective to the conflict.

It's beyond the ability of anyone to work out what's going on. It's easy to make a case for saying that George Galloway doesn't know the whole story. But I reckon the same applies to Putin, Obama and Cameron (to name but three). All that I know is that when situations get chaotically out of control, they get more dangerous.

all very good points.

But my original point was the claim he has lied to parliament not the wider conflict and its implications?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
An MP lying to Parliament, surely not! They lie every time they open their mouths, none of them are to be trusted! That even includes our own Caroline.

Im not too keen on her but can give me a link where she has lied to parliament?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Wrong again. One of my closest friends happened to be working there and he responded to what you say as just plain bollocks. A lot of Saudi royalty bought technology but no Syrians I'm afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here