Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Macclesfield Town Fc.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Close to me,again struggling on less than 1500 gates,neat and tidy lower league ground. John Askey back as manager and he took them to the bottom of the league before Horton took over and kept them up. Just don't like to see this at Macclesfield or any club. Open thread.:thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Close to me,again struggling on less than 1500 gates,neat and tidy lower league ground. John Askey back as manager and he took them to the bottom of the league before Horton took over and kept them up. Just don't like to see this at Macclesfield or any club. Open thread.:thumbsup:

Sorry, I may have got the wrong end of the stick here but who should be bottom of the league? or is it the size of the gates?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Sorry, I may have got the wrong end of the stick here but who should be bottom of the league? or is it the size of the gates?

No,you have not its just a disgrace that clubs like Macclesfield Town struggle in an area not short of cash and where many people enjoy football but choose to follow Prem clubs instead of their home town club. It may surprise but i would just love to see Orient go up and WHU get relegated,bring on Barry Hearn.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
They had to let seven first-team players leave in the summer despite reaching the fourth round of the FA Cup and losing to the winners, Wigan. So where's that prize money gone?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Really? Have they done it up recently? The away end was one of the worst when they were in the football league.

It was crumbling the time I watched us up there. I'm pretty sure we got a last minute penalty equaliser. I was amused after the match when a lady taxi driver drew over and asked me what the score was. I said it was 1-1 and after a slight pause she replied 'to the Macc?' :ffsparr:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Remember heading into the toilets behind the away end, it was pitch black in there. Probably a good thing as you couldn't see what it was you were splashing around in that was about 3 inches deep.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
It's just not Macclesfield Town though,as you look around the leagues pro and non-league it's as if there is a hidden agenda to crush the life out of lower league football. Just to name a few look how both Barnet or AFC Wimbledon have had to battle against the odds just to keep going (and we won't go into our case) and i can't see it getting any better. moss-rose3639l.jpg

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
give it a few years and it will probably be Championship 1 and Championship 2......and whats left of league 2 will crumble away into the non-league pyramid.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
There is no "hidden agenda". Its down to the sizable gap in money between the divisions and down to mismanagement.

Non-league is starting to be featured more on TV now though, with BT Sport covering live Skrill Premier games which would give clubs a small bit of TV cash. A good cup run nowadays can generate a nice payday too.

Stupidly high prices for non-league football hardly help things, i mean Eastbourne Borough charge £12 for their home games - some Championship clubs dont charge much more than that !! In fact, Macclesfield charge £18 for a seated ticket !! That would explain why crowds arent that high !!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Hidden agenda i am not so sure ? Look at the case of Orient and the relocation of WHU to the former site of the Olympic the FA hardly seem to be giving much support to Orient's protests in this matter.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Hidden agenda i am not so sure ? Look at the case of Orient and the relocation of WHU to the former site of the Olympic the FA hardly seem to be giving much support to Orient's protests in this matter.
That's not exactly a 'hidden agenda' is it? WHU have been open about their aims all along.

And anyway, never mind Macc. Stockport County, a Football League side for over a hundred years (longer than us), are now fourth from bottom of Conference North and are in danger of dropping down into a regional league. Fortune's change and it's not always the fault of Sky, Murdoch, Sepp Blatter or any other hate figure. Someone has to finish bottom.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here