Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clegg,Lib Dems and plastic bags.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Oh,my sounds great as Clegg is set to announce this new idea to reduces waste (fine good idea) however the money will go to charity and not to HM Govt. Stuff it Clegg it will only work if the user's of that store have a choice of a charity,not you.:facepalm:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Absolute rubbish idea why should people pay for the privilege of walking around showing they bought goods as Tesco Harrods or wherever and thus advertising that shop. The man is a complete lunatic and is apt for party who continually sit on the fence.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
good title but missed out at the end "tie tightly in a knot after putting on head"

but will say it might sound sill but has worked in Wales

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Yet again and like almost everything from H&S to Education,Health etc none of this is thought out.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Absolute rubbish idea why should people pay for the privilege of walking around showing they bought goods as Tesco Harrods or wherever and thus advertising that shop. The man is a complete lunatic and is apt for party who continually sit on the fence.

Try and convince a few more people to use reusable bags, perhaps?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Simple answer - take your own ( advert-free) bags.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
They already do it in Wales.

And who doesn't use "bags for life" anyway? Carrier bags are crap. Only good as little bin liners, even then they've got holes in.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It's common practise to have to pay for bags in France. Just remember to take your own with you.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oh,my sounds great as Clegg is set to announce this new idea to reduces waste (fine good idea) however the money will go to charity and not to HM Govt. Stuff it Clegg it will only work if the user's of that store have a choice of a charity,not you.:facepalm:

The money is intended to go to environmental charities as is the protocol adopted in Wales and Northern Ireland plus Scotland next year.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And who doesn't use "bags for life" anyway?

i dont after 3 of them broke on me in under a year.

glad to see the Liberal leader pressing the important issues of the day though.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Also, wasn't this introduced three or four years ago? Surely bags cost 5p anyway. Clegg has announced something that already exists. He might as well up the smoking age to 18 next. The eejit.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Er, you do understand the concept of a Bag for Life don't you? Please tell me you're joking.

nope. what am i missing? bags broke, not usable anymore, so stop using.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Only M&S, I think.

Everyone certainly said a few years ago they would charge 5p per bag, that's why the Bag for Life thing was introduced. Maybe the legislation got delayed but for Clegg to announce it as something new is bullshit. I've been taking a rucksack to avoid placcy bag charges when shopping for several years now.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Everyone certainly said a few years ago they would charge 5p per bag, that's why the Bag for Life thing was introduced. Maybe the legislation got delayed but for Clegg to announce it as something new is bullshit. I've been taking a rucksack to avoid placcy bag charges when shopping for several years now.

Probably! I rucksack it as well. Have done so for a long time. Obviously not viable for a big shop, although I do have an 80 litre rucksack waiting for a new adventure!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here