Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Road Runners Taxi - Anybody work[ed] for them ?

unklbrian

Feb 4, 2012
I've been 'offered' a BTEC Taxi course via the Job Centre , in conjunction with RR Private Hire as a job at the end of it ...

Other than the fact they have a bad rep for punctuallity I know little about the firm ,and would end up buying a car & renting a radio system of them , so just asking here if anyone has any experience of working for them ???
Ie - are they overloading their circuits with drivers ?
Would it be worth looking seriously at the wheelchair [WAV?] vehicles if I need to buy a car ?

Any feedback [ apart from their timekeeping issues] gratefully recieved

UB

Ps - I have some previous Taxi driving expierence , albeit 20 odd years ago & part time

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Cheapest taxi to brighton from the Heath getting better however you sometimes have to tell the drivers the shortest route.!!!maybe to cheap!

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I've been 'offered' a BTEC Taxi course via the Job Centre , in conjunction with RR Private Hire as a job at the end of it ...

Other than the fact they have a bad rep for punctuallity I know little about the firm ,and would end up buying a car & renting a radio system of them , so just asking here if anyone has any experience of working for them ???
Ie - are they overloading their circuits with drivers ?
Would it be worth looking seriously at the wheelchair [WAV?] vehicles if I need to buy a car ?

Any feedback [ apart from their timekeeping issues] gratefully recieved

UB

Ps - I have some previous Taxi driving expierence , albeit 20 odd years ago & part time
Get your license and if they are no good try another firm.

TB

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Whenever I used them when in H Heath they were on time. IMO the best taxi firm to use in HH.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Cheapest taxi to brighton from the Heath getting better however you sometimes have to tell the drivers the shortest route.!!!maybe to cheap!

Great value the other way too, usually only £25. Easily the best value round here. They seem to get booked up quite quickly though, had this problem on Thursday and had to get a station taxi back on with the girlfriend who lives in Burgess Hill, and a mate, which cost £40. Asked the bloke if he could do two drops in Haywards, told us it would be a further £10 for the additional 2 minutes it would've taken through Haywards at that time of night and that if anything he 'was doing us a favour' driving to Haywards for only £40. We got out in the middle and walked each way.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
I did, but often I found a vengeful coyote attempting to drop rocks on my car or using 'ACME' explosives in a really destructive manner.

unklbrian

Feb 4, 2012
Great value the other way too, usually only £25. Easily the best value round here. They seem to get booked up quite quickly though, had this problem on Thursday and had to get a station taxi back on with the girlfriend who lives in Burgess Hill, and a mate, which cost £40. Asked the bloke if he could do two drops in Haywards, told us it would be a further £10 for the additional 2 minutes it would've taken through Haywards at that time of night and that if anything he 'was doing us a favour' driving to Haywards for only £40. We got out in the middle and walked each way.

thanks for the reply - that has answered far more than you may have realised ! [ not price , but how heavily booked they were]

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
I bboked them for my stepson to get to gatwick from crowborough, they were £20 cheaper than any crowborough taxi firms and because it was an early morning pick up they phoned him on his mobile when they arrived i would recommend them any time

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Another Haywards Heath poster here. £10 extra is a joke. I, and most of my mates, use Road Runners whenever we can. I have paid £14 back from Three Bridges station at 3am in the past and a few quid more for the Thistle in Brighton. Yes, the drivers often don't have English as a first language and they live by Sat Nav but at their prices who cares? :shrug:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No offence but why does a taxi driver need to take a BTEC course? Surely you just need to know how to drive, know your routes (or use sat nav) and probably be CBS (CRB).

Having said that, good luck with the course and the job.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I use to live in Haywards Heath and used them regularly, including airport trips to gatwick at silly o'clock. Always found them punctual and no worse than ace/station taxis and much better value.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Used them to get back from a wedding out in the sticks late one night. Price seemed way cheaper than I was expecting. They sent a text to say the driver was on his way and what car he'd be driving, so I could spot him among the crowd when he arrived. He did get slightly lost en route but then the place was deep down some long country lane & I'd had the same problem myself being dropped off at the start.

Anyway, I thought they were pretty good :thumbsup:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
ERM you should all be using AV CARS based in ardingly . prices similar to roadrunners. I own it :lolol: mind you there are only 3 of us . those in haywards heath and surrounding areas should have had a leaflet through the door as only set it up a couple months ago.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Service has got a lot worse over the few years (since the number started going to "The Taxi Number"), most of the drivers I get for early morning starts are from Horley/Redhill and drive like complete idiots. They are though considerably cheaper than anyone else in the area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here