Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PIG wants a new contract

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The Argus reports that our greatest goalie ever wants to stay. He loves the club and living in the City. Mr Burke, Barber and Garcia, let's get this sorted ASAP.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We can thank his agent for that article I'm sure.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Time for him to recapture the form we signed him on in that case. Although he's been ok I struggle to remember the last time he had a blinder.

*expects a slating*

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's an odd thing to do 2 years out.
If you take it at face value, surely it's strengthens the Albion's hand.

If it's the opening salvo to other clubs 'hey watch this space in just 2 short years you could have me', that's a long haul.

I wonder if Tommy is so happy here he'd sign a 'championship' contract now.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

If it's the opening salvo to other clubs 'hey watch this space in just 2 short years you could have me', that's a long haul.

His existing contract ends at the end of this season, I think. Goalkeepers get better with age up to about 37 so let's get his best years

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

It's at the end of this season his contract expires, apparently. He only signed a 2 year deal.

EDIT: pipped to the post.

Stumpy Tim

He signed a two year contract when he joined, so he's out of contract at the end of this season.

Giving him a new contract is the very definition of a no-brainer

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I presume you are joking?

Nope, enlighten me as to the last game he was outstanding or a game saver please rather than just a good keeper and obviously much better than our other two keepers.

I am not suggesting that we don't try our hardest to keep him by the way, I'd just like to see him recapture the form he had at Watford and the beginning of last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It suggests the camp is buoyant and looking up rather than down. I like that.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I presume you are joking?

Agreed, I've been watching the Albion for 43 years now and seen some very fine keepers play for us but PIG is probably the best. However, it's his ability plus his desire to play for us that makes me want him to stay so much. He has a young family and presumably they are settled, so he's stating his desire to the Board to get his future sorted. He also has a house in the North West and so relocating back there isn't out of the question if we don't get this nailed quick and a NW team come in for him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nope, enlighten me as to the last game he was outstanding or a game saver please rather than just a good keeper and obviously much better than our other two keepers.

I am not suggesting that we don't try our hardest to keep him by the way, I'd just like to see him recapture the form he had at Watford and the beginning of last season.
I don't think Albion goalie is the hardest position to play.

That is right up to the point that someone other than Tommy K is playing that position.
Then it looks like the hardest job on the pitch and a nightmare to cover.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could the fact that he hasnt had to play a blinder be the reason that he hasnt done so. He is being well protected by the back four in front of him. Hope that he is offered and signs a new contract as it will show our intentions and aims.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Time for him to recapture the form we signed him on in that case. Although he's been ok I struggle to remember the last time he had a blinder.

*expects a slating*

This just has to be fishing ???

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Could the fact that he hasnt had to play a blinder be the reason that he hasnt done so. He is being well protected by the back four in front of him. Hope that he is offered and signs a new contract as it will show our intentions and aims.

You may have a point

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011

Really don't know why I'm bothering but...

He's been a game saver on a lot of occasions over the past year. He hasn't made many lately because the defence has made mistakes; no fault of him. He's so consistent that you seem to forget just how good he is. Just because he hasn't made any game saving stops lately doesn't mean he's lost it. It just means the defence has been solid enough that he doesn't have to make the saves.

And how can you even talk about his form at Watford? Unless you watched their every game of course.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here