Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Archive footage of Conway, impressive?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I was hoping it was rare footage of Mick Conway. Oh well.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
My mate Mick will be happy to see himself mentioned on NSC.

You know Mick Conway? I was thinking of writing an article about him for The Goldstone Wrap.
And, fingers crossed, would he be interested in answering some interview questions?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You know Mick Conway? I was thinking of writing an article about him for The Goldstone Wrap.
And, fingers crossed, would he be interested in answering some interview questions?

is he the guy who had some connection with Withdean long before the Albion moved there and either signed for the Albion or was going to??

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
is he the guy who had some connection with Withdean long before the Albion moved there and either signed for the Albion or was going to??

Mick Conway played for Westdene against Brighton in the Sussex Sunday Minor Cup Final in 1972. He then joined the Albion, scoring on his debut on the last day of the 1972/73 season.

He joined Swansea but his career was ended by injury and was granted a benefit match against the Albion. Judging from the match programme, he seemed a very popular player (above and beyond the usual eulogies you get in such publications).

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
You know Mick Conway?

Yes I do GR. Believe it or not, us old gits played in the same Sunday League team just 5 years ago. Still a fit lad so he is. Known him since school; he was in my sisters class so he's 57 now. His brother Chris was in my year.

Haven't seen him in a while but I could contact him if you want to do an article.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yes I do GR. Believe it or not, us old gits played in the same Sunday League team just 5 years ago. Still a fit lad so he is. Known him since school; he was in my sisters class so he's 57 now. His brother Chris was in my year.

Haven't seen him in a while but I could contact him if you want to do an article.

That'd be excellent! I could forward some questions to him for him to respond to. That would work best and would save me transcribing.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thank you. Here's some questions. If anyone else want to ask a question, feel free to add them here...

How did you get interested in football as a boy? How did you get to play for Westdene?

What do you think were the main strengths as a player? What kind of player were you?

So you were spotted playing for Westdene against Brighton in the Sussex Sunday Minor Cup Final in 1972. Who approached you and what was it like being an apprentice? (I hear apprentices had to be part of the groundstaff at the time!)

What was Pat Saward like?

Which Brighton players did you get on best with?

How did you feel when you were selected to play for Brighton against Spartak Moscow in February 1973? What was the game like?

Could you describe your goal on your league debut for Brighton v Nottingham Forest on the last day of the 1972/73 season?

What are your memories of Brian Clough and Peter Taylor?

What do you remember about your transfer to Swansea?

What was it like playing for Swansea?

Can you give some details about the road accident and the injury at Barnsley that put a stop to your professional career?

How surprised at you at being awarded a testimonial match when you had to quit the game? How did the game go?

Since ending your professional career, what have you been up to since?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here