Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bale and Ronaldo

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Putting them together is gonna make the team overall worse off, they will each be going for glory there will be no teamwork what so ever

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
They should score outrageous numbers of goals between them. Shoe-horning them both into the same team is a fair old challenge though, all the best Carlo!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well strangely enough I was considering just that a couple of days ago. Both of these guys are used to being the centre of attention and whilst Ron has always had a massive ego Bales has arrived more recently, and though he now says that Ron is the greatest I think that will change. Especially if Ron feels like he's slipping into Bales shadow. I'll give their cosy relationship until the end of the season.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
What a daft thread. Making an assumption of a team's season and dynamics on a one minute training clip?

Yeah righto.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont think ego will come into it too much. the bigger problem is simply tactics, they both traditionally play the same/similar position. does Ronaldo go central, or Bale go to the right wing? or both central? who gets displaced doing so. and they've lost Ozil who has a stonking assist record, is that going to impact the performance of the others?

interesting problems for Ancelloti to have, they'll still stuff 95% of the teams they'll face.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I don't think Bale will want the limelight and will be going for glory. He did what he did at Spurs because he was the only player that could do that and the team needed it. Bale will be happy to score a few and give Ronaldo the ball so he can do what he wants.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Bale is the long term replacement. Ronaldo will head back to United next summer, and Bale is there for a season to settle in, before becoming Ronaldo's successor.

That's my theory anyway, with zero inside knowledge.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
They both wander so much I don't see much overlap, differently-footed so they shouldn't even quibble over free-kicks. It's going to be one crazy team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here