Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conway to give Albion more punch [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Conway to give Albion more punch[/h]8:43am Saturday 14th September 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
1616394.jpg
Craig Conway will pack a punch for Albion
* Albion have boxed clever in the loan market by landing Craig Conway for 93 days from Premier League newcomers Cardiff City.

* The versatile Scottish international winger is poised to add punch to the Seagulls' attacking options after the blow of losing Andrea Orlandi for up to two months to knee surgery.

* Conway keeps in shape by working out in the gym alongside Nathan Cleverly, the former WBO light heavyweight world champion from Wales.

* Conway, 28, revealed to The Argus: "I've done a bit of boxing. I've done that for the last year or so. It keeps you fit and I really enjoy it. I am quite into boxing.

* "I have been doing it not actually with Nathan but when he is training.

* "It helps your sharpness and to build your fitness. I don't think there are many sportsmen who are fitter all-round than boxers. I think it helps your co-ordination and footwork and stuff.

* "I am five-foot nine, but I am quite powerful and quite bulky as well. That is where my nickname of 'The Bull' comes from.

* "I think it was big Jon Parkin who gave it to me. I am not sure why. I'm don't think I am that chunky, but I have not been able to shake it off. The boys still call me that."

* Conway travelled down from Wales last night to train with Albion today.

* He is likely be involved in Sunday's visit to Reading (1.15pm), subject to international clearance from the Welsh FA.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here