Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has any poster been in the loony bin?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Following on from the pris thread, a mate of mine many years ago spent short periods in both, and said if given the choice, it'd be pris every time, over 'the bin' ???

Any other anecdotal thoughts?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I spent half a day locked inside Hellingly in the late sixties. (Assembling a desk)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Unlikely anyone would chat about this. What next: anyone been molested? There are other places you can troll away with this . . . . JHFC . .

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Unlikely anyone would chat about this. What next: anyone been molested? There are other places you can troll away with this . . . . JHFC . .

Strange isn't it - there seems to be little shame in admitting having been incarcerated which is due to a moral, (or lack of), choice whilst suffering from an illness over which you have no control has a stigma attached to it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Worked in Selsey on a buiding site and stayed in Selsey during the week, the local pub was full of loons, very strange place.:mad:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Strange isn't it - there seems to be little shame in admitting having been incarcerated which is due to a moral, (or lack of), choice whilst suffering from an illness over which you have no control has a stigma attached to it.

This should be the final word on this pathetic thread.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I apologise for my post making light of mental illnesses. It was an opportunity to miss.

I know from personal experience that a mental illness is not something to be dealt with lightly (although I'm happy to joke about it).

I wasted (without choice) the best part of my twenties (Withdean) with a mental affliction and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Get in touch if you feel you need help.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I worked in St Francis years ago and the first day there a bell went off and a few of the patients near me starting screaming hysterically. I asked a member of staff if it was medication time or maybe something worse and she said, "Oh no it's the dinner bell"
I never ate in the canteen there after that.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I worked in St Francis years ago and the first day there a bell went off and a few of the patients near me starting screaming hysterically. I asked a member of staff if it was medication time or maybe something worse and she said, "Oh no it's the dinner bell"
I never ate in the canteen there after that.

I used to help my mother deliver meals on wheels - the pick up point was St Francis

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
sticker,375x360.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here