[Official Site] Conway Swayed by Teammates' Endorsement

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
conway-l229-1051973_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
17:36 13th September 2013
by Adam Tighe
I spoke to Brighton and they wanted to take me down here. I am delighted to join up and I know the Championship is a great league"
Craig Conway
A glowing endorsement from Seagulls skipper Gordon Greer and Craig Noone convinced new signing Craig Conway Albion were the right club for him.
The on-loan midfielder canvassed club teammate Noone and international teammate Greer for their opinion before opting for a move to the Amex, over interest from at least four other Championship clubs.
Conway told seagulls.co.uk, “After I was made aware of Brighton’s interest, I spoke to Gordon when we were away with Scotland and he had a lot of good things to say about the club and what can be achieved here.
“I have also spoken to Craig over the last couple of days and like Gordon, he had a lot of positive things to say about the place; he had nothing but good feelings from his time with the club.*
“I played against Albion a couple of times and they are a really good footballing team and a good side. They have a great stadium; I played there in the first season after it had been built. It was a brilliant stadium to play at and I remember the atmosphere was incredible.”
The 2012/13 Championship winner admitted his main focus now is to start playing and believes the move to Albion can help him add to his three international caps.
greer-l229-995307.jpg

“First and foremost I want to play. I am not in the 25-man squad at Cardiff so I cannot play for them, so it was important to go out on loan as I want to play football.
“I spoke to Brighton and they wanted to take me down here. I am delighted to join up and I know the Championship is a great league.
“I have been in the last three Scotland squads and had caps previously but the main thing is you want to play football.
“When you are playing regularly, there is always a better chance of being called up by your national side and that is something I thought about when making the decision to go on loan.”
Conway is also looking forward to playing for Oscar Garcia, and feels the Spaniard’s experience can be a huge asset to his progression.
“I knew of him from his Barcelona playing days and he did a great job winning the league as manager of Maccabi Tel-Avi.
“He has played for Barcelona who are a massive club so he comes from great pedigree and I am sure has great ideas so you are going to learn something from him.”Conway will be in line for his home debut when Albion face Bolton Wanderers next Saturday. The match is also Spanish Day at the Amex. For more information or to buy tickets click here.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here