Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reception for Wayne Bridge

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not going but if I was I'd certainly give him a good reception. I loved seeing him marauding down the wing for us and I think he gave it everything when he played. I'll be very happy if he's not playing this weekend though.

Dec 29, 2011
Won't be there, really hope he gets a good reception though. Gave absolutely everything for us, even though he was on loan and about 80k/week. Still remember him running full speed in the 92nd minute up the wing just to win a ball, top work ethic.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I suspect he would have joined us if we'd come anywhere near the terms Reading offered. But that was never likely.

Top professional who gave it everything while he was with us - and never "left" as he was only on loan. Wish him nothing but the best, except on Sunday.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He only did the job he was employed to do, as soon as last season was over he slipped off quicker than you could say KY Jelly.

Not that I would boo him, but I wouldn't give him a hero’s applause either. I can save that for our own squad.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
He only did the job he was employed to do, as soon as last season was over he slipped off quicker than you could say KY Jelly.

Not that I would boo him, but I wouldn't give him a hero’s applause either. I can save that for our own squad.

But he did do it very well.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
One of the best players I have ever seen in an Albion shirt. i just couldn't believe we had two England internationals in our back four last season. Even premier teams struggle to compete with that.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Brilliant player, loved his work ethic and the effort he put in every game. I'll certainly be giving him a cheer on Sunday. But I'd rather he didn't play to be honest!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If I was going I'd applaud and sing his name. Hopefully Adam will then up end him in the first min causing him to leave the field ;)

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I won't be there but Bridge was fantastic for us, he deserves the acknowledgement

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

He did do it rather well. And he did say the Albion rekindled his interest in football. He is a decent bloke and would probably appreciate he owes us something.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He did do it rather well. And he did say the Albion rekindled his interest in football. He is a decent bloke and would probably appreciate he owes us something.

It's always handy to say that you are interested in football when you are going for a footballing job. He would hardly say "Brighton made me hate the game and I'd rather be on the bench for £24k a week Mr Adkins."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here