Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with the summer transfers?

Good summer dealings?

• Total voters

Dec 29, 2011
If things stay as they are, are you happy with the summer transfers?

We've added proven Championship players in Upson, Ward, Andrews, Agustien and Conway. We've got rid of high earners who did nothing such as Dobbie, Harley and Vicente. Also we managed to keep hold of El Abd and Lopez.

All in all I'd say a successful summer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, we have added some experience and bite to the team. We have a much better squad than last year at this time, I am enthusiastic for the rest of the season.

We also have a manager who appears to want to be here, that is a big plus to me. Whether he is as good as the last one we'll see, but I am hopeful he will take us to the next level.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Generally ok for transfers the only down side was the time taken to appoint Garcia as head coach could and should have been done when Gus was sacked as manager as they were different jobs/positions. That has slowed up our progress

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It's been efficient, I'm somewhat content with it. All the signings we've made are good additions imho (bar Chicksen, who I don't believe will ever cut it at this level), particularly Andrews and Ward, and getting rid of Harley was a nice bonus.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
This decision will rest largely on the "punishment" for clubs not conforming to FFP. We have obviously conducted our business with this at the forefront of our minds. (At least I hope do and it's not just an excuse.)

Other clubs have obviously gambled and largely ignored it. As long as those who gamble and lose are held to account then the answer would probably be yes.

I expect though these clubs can't or won't have to pay the threatened fines. Won't have the threatened injunctions imposed. It will end up being us that loses out.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Been happy with the signings we've made as I feel we've added what we were missing last season, Some bite in midfield and a promising back up left back. If it wasn't for the bad injury list at the moment the squad would be looking very good. I still feel we need to add a decent young striker to the development squad though as we really need someone to be able to step up at moments like this rather than having to look for a loan striker to cover injuries.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's been efficient, I'm somewhat content with it. All the signings we've made are good additions imho (bar Chicksen, who I don't believe will ever cut it at this level), particularly Andrews and Ward, and getting rid of Harley was a nice bonus.

Has Chicksen even played a game at this level to be able to tell?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Biggest positive for me keeping Bridcutt

Biggest Negative losing Bridge

If your biggest negative is losing a player who wasn't even ours, then you've not got a great deal to worry about, eh?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Happy-ish - but not really excited.........let's see how the next four matches go. If we get anything much from them I might just start getting a bit more excited!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yeah, i'm happy with it. We've strengthend on the players we have lost in the close season - if we can secure another loan striking option and (possibly) a creative midfielder (questionable if we need one, once all players are fit) then i'd be very happy.

A season of optimism, but i'll not 'expect' promotion or play-offs...we'll be competitive for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here