Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Saturdays BIG Boxing*

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Another BIG night of boxing tomorrow night, with Chris Eubank Junior heading the card on C5 fro 8pm then switching over to Boxnation for the Mayweather v Alvarez fight

Ring walk times for the USA action are -

3am Garcia v Matthysse
4am Mayweather v Alvarez

I'm putting my money on my boy Canelo to shock the world

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Ive done some outrageous bets haha £2.50 on Canelo, Garcia, Theophane and Ishe to return £200 if they all win, its not gonna happen though.

Im going for a Floyd points win and Matthysee KO.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Another BIG night of boxing tomorrow night, with Chris Eubank Junior heading the card on C5 fro 8pm then switching over to Boxnation for the Mayweather v Alvarez fight

3am Garcia v Matthysse
4am Mayweather v Alvarez

It's not April 1st is it Ernest?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

Incredibly dangerous, but the 24 hour rule was brought in to improve the situation of the weigh in being on the same day, which would limit rehydration even further. So whilst the current process is fraught with danger it's still better than before.

The other danger is the guy who makes weight comfortably and doesn't dehydrate himself could now deal with an opponent over a stone in weight heavier which turns the bout into a handicap match. Many boxers over the past few years have done this Canelo being one and also Chavez Jnr who has been known to gain 18 pounds in 24 hours prior to a fight. He boils down by taking certain pills which flush out water in the body.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Cheers for the heads up on C5 boxing , missed it on more than 1 occasion

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Incredibly dangerous, but the 24 hour rule was brought in to improve the situation of the weigh in being on the same day, which would limit rehydration even further. So whilst the current process is fraught with danger it's still better than before.

The other danger is the guy who makes weight comfortably and doesn't dehydrate himself could now deal with an opponent over a stone in weight heavier which turns the bout into a handicap match. Many boxers over the past few years have done this Canelo being one and also Chavez Jnr who has been known to gain 18 pounds in 24 hours prior to a fight. He boils down by taking certain pills which flush out water in the body.

Chavez Jnr looks like a frikkin cruiserweight in his fights. He's gone up to 168 for his next fight but word is he will go back to middleweight (160) again afterwards. Hopefully he takes a fight with GGG and gets annihilated.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Refs certainly are stepping in earlier now, but that fight was only going one way. Agree about CE fighting in Brighton.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
:thumbsup::clap2:

3am Garcia v Matthysse
4am Mayweather v Alvarez

:thumbsup::clap2:

That predication was nearly as bad as one of your jokes. :facepalm:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Ernest does this mean your 20 year plus run of correctly predicting boxing is over? Just in time for Will Haye to knock Billy Fury out in 2 weeks time.......

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I realise that his career has only just taken off, however do people ( with more boxing knowledge than me ) think that Chris junior could have a title fight at the Amex. I always think back to the McGuigan Pedrosa fight at QPR, what an atmosphere that was.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here