Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Android Tablet advice please

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wife has an android tablet that she cannot get E mails on as it shows no messages but when I go on to my lap top with her name etc it shows correctly on there.
I went on to the e mail app on it and tried to change the name and password in case that was wrong but it wouldnt change should I try to uninstall the email app and then re install it or what other possible solutions are there. Both of us are very novice tablet users.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
See if it will load through the browser and work. That is Firefox or Chrome etc.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Which is her email provider?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I take it that by Google you mean Chrome? It is probably Chrome that has remembered you. Try with her email. If it works, then try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I take it that by Google you mean Chrome? It is probably Chrome that has remembered you. Try with her email. If it works, then try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Many thanks, yes it is chrome on her talktalk account. Not sure, in fact no idea how to remove and re install the app, so will ask daughter in law. I thouight that may be the answer. She apparently has to have a gmail address to do this so have registered one for her.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
If she's using a gmail account using the Google Mail app on an andoid, I know on my Nexus that if I have 'sync' turned off it doesn't load emails. Try making sure all the sync settings are turned on correctly and give it another go.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If she's using a gmail account using the Google Mail app on an andoid, I know on my Nexus that if I have 'sync' turned off it doesn't load emails. Try making sure all the sync settings are turned on correctly and give it another go.
This, especially as sometimes (usually when storage is low) Gmail seems to stop syncing on some devices.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Pop into the Google Android store and they'll sort it out for you, probably while you wait. They do have Google Android stores don't they?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pop into the Google Android store and they'll sort it out for you, probably while you wait. They do have Google Android stores don't they?

When somebody doesnt know and asks for advice the last thing they want is a smart arse who says everybody look at me I know the answers.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If you greatly overcharge people for every piece of hardware you release you can probably afford to build lots of stores hth :thumbsup:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
You can also link a Gmail account to other accounts (Outlook, Yahoo etc.) using POP3 which is very handy.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
If you greatly overcharge people for every piece of hardware you release you can probably afford to build lots of stores hth :thumbsup:

Or, if you charge an appropriate amout you can provide a customer service system that allows situations like this to be resolved. :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Very few of the large software companies appear to offer free advice as most tend to have a service charge, well that is what I have found when I have tried to contact them about any issue.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Very few of the large software companies appear to offer free advice as most tend to have a service charge, well that is what I have found when I have tried to contact them about any issue.

Having sad that, one of the very largest software companies in the world do offer this service , as part and parcel of buying one of their products. You don't even have had to buy it from a particular store, they just seem to look after you regardless of where you bought the product.

Horses for courses, buy the 'cheaper' product, get less back up or have to pay for it, if you can find someone to do it. Or buy the dearer item, get better back up and support

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here