Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Gove

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
...the man who spent thousands of pounds of our money to furnish his homes with luxury items yet thinks the users of food banks (which barely existed before the coalition came to power) deserve their plight:

http://edinburgheye.wordpress.com/2013/03/21/michael-gove-flipper/

How can we be ruled by crass hypocrites like this? Labour should be wiping the floor with people like him, what the hell are they doing?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
How can we be ruled by crass hypocrites like this? Labour should be wiping the floor with people like him, what the hell are they doing?

Quite, but they moved too far to the centre to avoid being accused of hypocracy if they kick up too much of a stink. Blair really did muck politics in this country up, it's a shame it took most of us too long to realise it.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
ARGH. He winds me up so much. A smug, incompetent bellend who shouldn't be anywhere near a position of that much responsibility

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Quite, but they moved too far to the centre to avoid being accused of hypocracy if they kick up too much of a stink. Blair really did muck politics in this country up, it's a shame it took most of us too long to realise it.

Milliband's union backers are the ones which have blunted Labour agai, not Tony Blair - just in the say way they did when Michael Foot was in charge after Callaghan.

In fact, I still think that had Blair still been in charge in 2010, then Labour would have won the election and comfortably.

Ed Milliband is Labour's Iain Duncan-Smith and unfortunately, there's only one person in the shadow cabinet currently popular enough with the British public to become Prime Minister. However, he isn't experienced enough and that's Chukka Umuna.

Gove is incompetant - just as much so as Ed Balls...Teachers loved him aswell!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Milliband's union backers are the ones which have blunted Labour agai, not Tony Blair - just in the say way they did when Michael Foot was in charge after Callaghan.

In fact, I still think that had Blair still been in charge in 2010, then Labour would have won the election and comfortably.

Ed Milliband is Labour's Iain Duncan-Smith and unfortunately, there's only one person in the shadow cabinet currently popular enough with the British public to become Prime Minister. However, he isn't experienced enough and that's Chukka Umuna.

Gove is incompetant - just as much so as Ed Balls...Teachers loved him aswell!

You miss my point, with Blair in charge there's no bloody difference anyway. With the benefit of hindsight I'm sure he must be Thatcher's long lost son.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
...the man who spent thousands of pounds of our money to furnish his homes with luxury items yet thinks the users of food banks (which barely existed before the coalition came to power) deserve their plight:

http://edinburgheye.wordpress.com/2013/03/21/michael-gove-flipper/

There were plenty of food banks around before the coalition. They certainly have multiplied enormously over the last couple of years, though.

The trouble is that there are plenty of people around who could take Mr Gove to any number of places which could shatter his illusions immediately, while there are plenty of others around who share his limited world view.

I was talking to someone earlier this week about the food bank in Southampton - which has been in existence for a good number of years - 10 or 15 if not longer. He said they were visited by iain Duncan-Smith before the coalition came in to power. All Chris could say was "He obviously didn't listen".

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As much as it pains me to say it, I could very easily see Gove as the next Tory leader as well. Dark times.

Quite - isn't he the darling of the Tory Shires.

What is a "Shire" anyway. Does Hamp"shire" count, but Sussex and Kent not?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
As much as it pains me to say it, I could very easily see Gove as the next Tory leader as well. Dark times.

Won't happen. He really is their latest Portillo. Just hope he has a similar Damascene moment, realises most people hate him and f*cks off back to academia where he belongs.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Huh? How did you segue from what a specific person, Gove has said, to "Blair really messed up politics". What a nonsensical load of rot.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Thread title is all wrong should be
Michael Gove is a knob

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I ****ing hate this government especially this ****

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011

Last on QT Chuka Umunna criticises 'rich tories' and then Justine Greening reveal his family's mansion in Ibiza

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What is so sad is that this country has the need to have food banks. We can afford to send billions of pounds across the world in "aid", we can afford billions of pounds stamping our so called authority in Afghanistan, the current g*****ment is desparate to spend billions of pounds bombing Syria, yet we can't put food in our own citizens mouths, nor roofs over many of their heads.

A vote for Tory, Labour or Lib Dem in the next election will ensure this state of affairs continues.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I shall admit to being a Tory voter, but in Michael Gove as Education Secretary, we have a complete and utter cock juggling thundercunt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here