Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster: Albion must be realistic about chances of going up [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Forster: Albion must be realistic about chances of going up[/h]8:30am Friday 13th September 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2633677.jpg
Nicky Forster with stepson Jake Forster-Caskey
NICKY Forster says Albion must be more realistic about their chances in the Championship this season.
The Seagulls' ex-skipper has questioned whether they will make the play-offs for the second year running.
Albion head for Reading on Sunday in mid-table with seven points from their opening five games under head coach Oscar Garcia following the summer sacking of manager Gus Poyet for gross misconduct.
Former Albion and Reading marksman Forster said: "This year there has got to be a more realistic approach about where the club is going to finish and I think personally that will be top ten, but whether they will be good enough to get themselves in the play-offs I'm not sure.
"Certainly Reading will be expected to finish higher, but the Championship is very difficult to predict."
Forster fears Nigel Adkins will be sacked unless he steers Reading, currently a point better off than Albion, into the top six.
The stepfather of Seagulls midfielder Jake Forster-Caskey said: "I imagine Reading would have to finish in the play-offs, otherwise they will deem their season a failure. I don't know whether Oscar Garcia will lose his job if he finishes outside the play-offs, but I can see Adkins losing his if they do. Certainly the pressure is more on Reading, which creates problems.
"In terms of the game I think Reading are slight favourites, but I can see it being a draw because I don't think either side has really found form yet."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here