Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1901 amnesty.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I believe the time has come for all the pretenders who bought into a false idealism that fans could co exist with corporate hospitality be allowed to trade tickets in for seats with us common men of the west, east, and north stand.

Stop f'ing moaning about pointless catering options over and above the common pie and pint that 90PC of us enjoy. I think I probably speak for most of us when I say that weve humoured 1901 idiots for a long time but a f'ing ham baguette is way beyond our view of whats important at footy and long may it remain beyond the common (but very high quality chicken) pie.

In summary, you're boring. Very very boring. It's been done to death. Do something about it or shut up. Dont renew. A company will buy your seat. But please shut up and take the old village committee who still think they are important with you.

Regards

The common fan that never had delusions of grandeur nor were in dick tights clappy happy army.

Xxx

Last edited by a moderator:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I believe the time has come for all the pretenders who bought into a false idealism that fans could co exist with corporate hospitality be allowed to trade tickets in for seats with us common men of the west, east, and north stand.

Stop f'ing moaning about pointless catering options over and above the common pie and pint that 90PC of us enjoy. I think I probably speak for most of us when I say that weve humoured 1901 idiots for a long time but a f'ing ham baguette is way beyond our view of whats important at footy and long may it remain beyond the common (but very high quality chicken) pie.

In summary, you're boring. Very very boring. It's been done to death. Do something about it or shut up. Dont renew. A company will buy your seat. But please shut up and take the old village committee who still think they are important with you.

Regards

The common fan that never had delusions of grandeur nor were in dick tights clappy happy army.

Xxx

And to think you suggested I was bitter :smile:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Anyone thinks this is just a 1901 issue needs a reality check. The club are pursuing a "blunt instrument" approach which is, and will continue to impact everyone.

Oh, but it's FFP so that's OK

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I disagree with the OP (and no, I'm not a 1901er)

I just see the club as losing potential income, which the club needs, and upsetting many long standing fans, which can't be good.

In business, whilst you of course you always try and get new customers, the first thing you do is keep your existing customers happy.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Regards

Xxx

Unbelievable....... '1901' idiots? Definitely one of the worst posts I've seen on NSC.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks

Regards

Xxx

Amen, brother!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't really care about the food available I am just staggered that the hierarchy of the club has been able to ride through the complications of planning permission, build arguably the best stadium in the country, employ a rookie manager who completely changed the style of football we play and get us to the cusp of the Premier League. All massive positives and yet they seem incapable of delivering catering that satisfies the vast majority of 1901ers. I have trouble getting my head around such incompetence given what they have achieved in other much more difficult parts of the dream. :shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't really care about the food available I am just staggered that the hierarchy of the club has been able to ride through the complications of planning permission, build arguably the best stadium in the country, employ a rookie manager who completely changed the style of football we play and get us to the cusp of the Premier League. All massive positives and yet they seem incapable of delivering catering that satisfies the vast majority of 1901ers. I have trouble getting my head around such incompetence given what they have achieved in other much more difficult parts of the dream. :shrug:

Quite right.

In terms of people fed up with threads on food quality on NSC...... YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THEM!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Regards

Xxx

This takes my rant last night to a new level but I fundamentally agree.

Moaning about people moaning about something which is nothing to do with you. Superb!

It affects all of us. Corporate hospitality is slowly killing football's soul. However, if you accept you have to do it you might as well do it properly instead of getting a poor reputation.

I know five people personally who joined 1901 when it started. Of those one doesn't go at all now, one has moved to the North Stand and one is considering moving. The other two have never moaned about it here or anywhere else.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The majority of fans don't sit in 1901 however if fans want to pay more so be it the club needs to make money to compete I am getting a little fed up with the amount of moaning on NSC but we have freedom of speech just like we have freedom to sit and pay different prices. I hope we win our next two away matches so the board will be full of positives. I also look at NSC to get breaking news . I also love some of the wind ups . We have very good mix of posters it is full of intresting posters and a few trolls!!!! I do agree with the above poster.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Regards

Xxx

No, it's time for the club to get off its arse and sort it out.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think in trying to be all things to all men, the club made a decision to give the best seats in the house to a group of fans who could afford it, who wanted a bit of luxury after putting up with many years of withdean. Whilst it was not priced at corporate levels, the experience was pitched at a corporate level.

Now I think the club have realised they have made a mistake in that they could have sold those tickets to corporate sponsors, and the dining experience with it, for a far bigger premium than they are getting from the fans.

Barber has realised this and it would not surprise me if once the 5 year renewals are up, prices are hiked to " encourage" fans to give up their seats, or move to the wings to allow those seats to be sold to the corporate industry for a far greater premium. In fact, it may well be that the club are deliberately pricing food and people are being shown to be eating and drinking elsewhere, and this will be their excuse when they do this.

The way I look at this, and I am not a 1901er, that it is all very well pissing your top customers off whilst we are on the crest of a wave, but if with FFP limiting budgets etc, if the club settle down to a mid table type of club, ie a derby county or Middlesboro, then having this source of high paying income guaranteed could be the lifeline where crowds start to settle down to the 18 to 20k mark.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Regards

Xxx

Very happy with my halfway line 1901 seats, I have 6 of them and take my 79 year old father every game, he loves it too. Fantastic warm lounge in the winter, respectful staff, a great view, ex Albion players host us every game. WE can hear the opposition teams supporters singing, but struggle to hear the North Stand. I think the North Stand is very tame compared to what it used to be , 'we're the north stand, we're the north stand........' very boring, little thought and what does it mean? If those of the 1901ers post on here then fine respect it, but if you want to be judgemental of us expect us to be the same. You also need to go to anger management courses and do you still live at home with your mum?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here