Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£12 ham roll and chips

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here's one of this week's 1901 buffet options:

Hand carved honey glazed British gammon in a soft white floured bap served with rustic chips & slaw
Accompaniments to include: A selection of mustards

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Hand carved honey glazed British gammon in a soft white floured bap served with rustic chips & slaw

Well I am amazed, do we have a home game this week ?

rool

Jul 10, 2003

Offer a glass of house red or white wine with that and it might represent some value

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

WTF !!!!!!!

For £12 !!!!!!!!! Now tell me Barber hasn't lost the plot !

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
And Barber wonders why people eat elsewhere ? The guy's a moron !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It seems odd to cut the food price by £2, and the value by £10.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
OK I've kept my powder dry on this up to now but it's late, I've had a beer and Question Time hasn't started yet. It's time for the rant.

If you are prepared to be told what to wear to football, to be more polite, to come out after the half time break to be greeted by a row of empty seats, to be given parking in a car park that takes an hour to clear then you deserve it. This is not football. It's barely life. If you don't like it give up the 1901 club and go back to the North or WSU and make some noise. Eat and drink in town or grab a pie on the concourse like the rest of us. If you're not prepared to do that then shut the f*** up. The club think you have more money than sense. And they're right.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That's really funny.

I wouldn't eat in the 1901 ever, but 12 quid for that ? Bloody hell.

The club have lost the plot.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
OK I've kept my powder dry on this up to now but it's late, I've had a beer and Question Time hasn't started yet. It's time for the rant.

If you are prepared to be told what to wear to football, to be more polite, to come out after the half time break to be greeted by a row of empty seats, to be given parking in a car park that takes and hour to clear then you deserve it. This is not football. It's barely life. If you don't like it give up the 1901 club and go back to the North or WSU and make some noise. Eat and drink in town or grab a pie on the concourse like the rest of us. If you're not prepared to do that then shut the f*** up. The club think you have more money than sense. And they're right.

Wow ! :wanker: And that's from a non-1901 member !

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Before the last home game For £15 we had a three course meal, options including pate, Thai prawns, full carvery, steak pies, chocolate puds, sticky toffee, fruit salad, and coffees, all served piping hot, on time, and better quality than anything I've ever eaten at the Amex, oh, and the service was top drawer. That was at the Newmarket, with a crowd of other 1901ers.

But of course, we have to accept, and expect, things to be dearer, and for the service to be poorer, and the quality to be lower as the Amex is only doing it 23 times a year. In that case, I think we'll save them the bother of catering for us.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Before the last home game For £15 we had a three course meal, options including pate, Thai prawns, full carvery, steak pies, chocolate puds, sticky toffee, fruit salad, and coffees, all served piping hot, on time, and better quality than anything I've ever eaten at the Amex, oh, and the service was top drawer. That was at the Newmarket, with a crowd of other 1901ers.

But of course, we have to accept, and expect, things to be dearer, and for the service to be poorer, and the quality to be lower as the Amex is only doing it 23 times a year. In that case, I think we'll save them the bother of catering for us.

You were done. Where's the selection of mustards?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

If you are prepared to be told what to wear to football, to be more polite, to come out after the half time break to be greeted by a row of empty seats, to be given parking in a car park that takes an hour to clear then you deserve it. This is not football. It's barely life. If you don't like it give up the 1901 club and go back to the North or WSU and make some noise. Eat and drink in town or grab a pie on the concourse like the rest of us. If you're not prepared to do that then shut the f*** up. The club think you have more money than sense. And they're right.

:thumbsup:

Superphil et al really do seem to overestimate how much the rest of us care quite dramatically.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here