Dec 8, 2007
led watch.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
it's meant to have round about the same life as a smartphone

Ask yourself how that is possible if it has a teeny tiny battery in comparison.

I stress this is if you are using it in isolation from a phone. Paired to a phone via Bluetooth would yield longer life. But if you've got your phone, why would you want to use all of those features on such a small screen with such a small keyboard. Another Kickstarter darling, the Pebble would be better in this use case, surely.

gullside

Aug 7, 2012
waterproof up to 1 and half meters for swimming and if they hit their next goal they are giving a spare battery with it to, which only cost £13 anyway, and with gps I'll use for cycling jogging and all sorts and has the same crystal saffire non scratch glass as rolex and Swiss, this is pretty impressive and better than Sony and Samsung gear

gullside

Aug 7, 2012
Looks like one of the early digital watches from the 1970s. I notice the ad didn't show the screen very often, and only in close up, I think it would be v.difficult to see and use effectively.

the prototype on YouTube shows you clearly and is perfectly usable

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Gullside - given that over half your posts on here are about this watch, can we assume that it is your company that are selling them? How much are you making per sale?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The failing of a smartwatch, in my opinion, is that it doesn't compare to the beauty of an actual watch. I like to have something on my wrist that looks nice.

gullside

Aug 7, 2012
I'm not a company and I don't sell them, I've been coming on nsc way before my join date but just tend to read and not really post, is it a crime to ask someone else's opinion on something myself is buying

gullside

Aug 7, 2012
I mistype repeatedly on a 4" screen. I simply can't imagine typing anything beyond one word replies on that watch screen.

it says it has voice to text and vice versa to make it easier when typing

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
The failing of a smartwatch, in my opinion, is that it doesn't compare to the beauty of an actual watch. I like to have something on my wrist that looks nice.

Exactly - it's a novelty that will be ace for a couple of days, but will soon just be a hindrance. It looks clunky and dated, and like Bozza says the battery life will make it fairly pointless as a standalone unit.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
it says it has voice to text and vice versa to make it easier when typing

So do phones but most people only use that when there are not other people around. And there are often other people around when we need to compose texts, emails and FB updates.

gullside

Aug 7, 2012
Exactly - it's a novelty that will be ace for a couple of days, but will soon just be a hindrance. It looks clunky and dated, and like Bozza says the battery life will make it fairly pointless as a standalone unit.
spare battery if needed

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I think I'll just carry on with my Rolex Gmt and an iPhone ta. Talking to your wrist and squinting to read tiny wee fonts on that will make the early adopters look a bit mental.

Bound to be a hit with the techies and exam cheats of this world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here