Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Bitch is back.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Saw him a couple of times in the seventies, and his voice was never great, the la la las in Crocodile Rock were painful, but the man could certainly tickle the ivories

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Phew. Thought Thatcher had risen from the grave.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was a massive Elton John fan in the early seventies, especially the Tumbleweed Connection album. Hated his music when he tried to go rocker and big stage rock. He wrote some great songs in his early days though, Your Song, Burn Down the Mission and the slightly later Tiny Dancer.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Anyone who thinks Elton can't wail has clearly never attempted to sing along to "yellow brick road" he's gone deeper and lost range as time has gone on but...he could sing VERY well back in the day.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone who thinks Elton can't wail has clearly never attempted to sing along to "yellow brick road" he's gone deeper and lost range as time has gone on but...he could sing VERY well back in the day.

Agreed, I seem to remember he had throat nodules removed quite a few years ago and his voice has never been the same since.

Fond memories of seeing him live at the Centre in the early '80's with the original Ollson, Murray and Johnstone band. They rocked, and their rendition of "Rocket Man" on the night is possibly the greatest live performance of a song I have seen/heard. Heard some of the tracks on R2 today from last night's show - his voice has aged but
he can still sing better than me!

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside

Bland,boring, overated,drivel

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I was a massive Elton John fan in the early seventies, especially the Tumbleweed Connection album. Hated his music when he tried to go rocker and big stage rock. He wrote some great songs in his early days though, Your Song, Burn Down the Mission and the slightly later Tiny Dancer.

Didn't Bernie Taupin write most of his songs?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Well I''ve heard.............he`s one of them!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Didn't Bernie Taupin write most of his songs?

Yes, I think he wrote pretty well all of them I think! Elton put the music to the lyrics, bad slip up there :rolleyes:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I rate Sir Elton as the best British solo star of all time. He's got the voice, the catalogue and the charisma. He's the perfect pop star.

Have to disagree there, Bowie takes that particular accolade. Having said that Rocket Man comfortably sits in my top 100 songs

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Elton on ITV now.
The voice has indeed sadly gone as mentioned - that said he COULD sing incredibly well back in the day but I believe he had a serious op on his throat and vocal chords in the late 80s... Which would explain the deterioration I guess.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
She did predict it...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That is sensational artwork.

Doesn't beat this though, in what I think is the same place;
uploadfromtaptalk1379112202451.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here