Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Need somewhere to train in winter - Sussex Sunday League team

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Anyone got any ideas? Me and my teams manager have scoured literally everywhere in Brighton to book but can't find anywhere so now I'm looking for something a little 'out of the box' ie a green that might be kit up somewhere around brighton that we could use as we have to train after 6 for people who have work to come.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated guys, last resort!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Cheers Rev - looked everywhere literally am open to ideas but needs to be in/around Brighton really.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
One of my old sides used to train at Waterhall using the lights from the 3G pitches. What side do you play for out of curiosity?

Oct 25, 2003
stanley deason has both astroturf and 3g or whatever its called...there's also waterhall and the uni pitches next to the amex

i'll admit there aren't a huge amount of facilities for the size of the area

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
One of my old sides used to train at Waterhall using the lights from the 3G pitches. What side do you play for out of curiosity?

Sussex Coast FC new team just entered DIV 6 hence why we are struggling to find somewhere to train in winter there is so little options available. Tried Deason and waterhall but they charge extortionate prices got quoted over a hundred a week to use SD for 2 hours! So many clubs as well that obviously lots of places are booked out

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Sussex Coast FC new team just entered DIV 6 hence why we are struggling to find somewhere to train in winter there is so little options available. Tried Deason and waterhall but they charge extortionate prices got quoted over a hundred a week to use SD for 2 hours! So many clubs as well that obviously lots of places are booked out

I played against you guys in pre-season for Hassocks (CF in the first half). Play for The Blades in Div 5 so might see you in the cup. 100 quid for two hours isn't surprising to be honest. I see to remember the floodlit pitches in Hove Park are decent value but it's been a couple of years since I've been involved in booking pitches.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Some staff from several Hove Indian restaurants used to play on Kings Lawns in Hove after their establishments closed at midnight.
Some of you may know Naz formerly of The Ganges, now The Indiana? He used to play there, and said that there was no problem seeing each other with the street lights on the pavement, but found that the wearing of a fluorescent vest helped! Yep. Seriously.
Plenty of parking and all free, at least from when the parking sign says it is, either six or eight o'clock at night.

Last edited:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Hove park have a floodlit enclosed area which can be hired. Not sure about availability though. Does Westos exist still? They had two indoor pitches.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Used to train Thursday evenings in the Lewes Prison gym as one of our players was one of the prison PT instructors. This is going back to the 80s but might be worth a phone call.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I played against you guys in pre-season for Hassocks (CF in the first half). Play for The Blades in Div 5 so might see you in the cup. 100 quid for two hours isn't surprising to be honest. I see to remember the floodlit pitches in Hove Park are decent value but it's been a couple of years since I've been involved in booking pitches.

Ahh I remember you haha we went 4-0 up after about 20 minutes then only just held on in the end!

Cheers for the suggestions guys I will look into them and let you know where it gets me

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I know some Sunday league sides enter a team into the 5 a side leagues run by pitch invasion - guaranteed a 40 minute competitive game and costs £32 which split between 6 of you would end up being far cheaper than hiring somewhere out.

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
Hangleton School @junction of Poplar Avenue/northease drive. tarmac playground with floodlights, five a side type. Unless changed since 2000...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here