Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England and Wales

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Is it not time for the England and Wales teams to unite as one? I am thinking of the wasted talent of Gareth Bale in a Wales team that will never ever have a chance of winning the European or World Cup. Contentious I know but I think it would make for a more formidable footballing power than we have separately now. The lack of English talent coming through doesn't bode well for the future, therefore an amalgamation of the two countries from a footballing point of view seems logical to me. Imagine Bale and playing for a combined England/Wales team, could be the difference between success and more failures. What you would call the team I don't know.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's funny that over the last 10-15 years the one position England have chopped and changed the most is Left wing, never really having a settled player there for long.

Ryan Giggs, and then Gareth Bale. Oh well.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
So you think we should merge with a nation just because they turn out one player? I don't go with all this Bale is the second coming nonsense. Yes he's a good player but so one footed and injury prone he will be a liability. He'll do well in Spain in mainly a 2-3 team league

Oct 25, 2003
as for Bale

a) he wouldn't turn England into world beaters over night

b) he won't be the first top player not to have the chance to shine at international level (Best, Weah, Giggs etc.) and he won't be the last

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
No, never.

But if the team was called Waleland then I would consider mainly because I like Seaworld and it would bring back happy memories.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
NO!!!! One chink of light that suggests we're thinking about this, and most FIFA members will be all over it like a rash, and before we know it we'll be playing as GB

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
No never Bale who should get to 100 caps but will only play competetive fixtures a la Giggs for Wales will play Champions League for Real and knows thats the highest he'll play .If Scotland get independance next year Wales won't be far behind in pushing for it too.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I am thinking of the wasted talent of Gareth Bale in a Wales team that will never ever have a chance of winning the European or World Cup.

As if uniting with the England team is going to change that....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It will never be the right time for this idea.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Who else in the Welsh team would get in the England squad? Aaron Ramsey?

Craig Bellamy might have got close a few years back.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
We sort of did it for a few weeks last summer:

Olympics%20Day%20-1%20-%20Men's%20Football%20-%20Great%20Britain%20v%20Senegal-1172574

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here