Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who was the most significant muse in 20th century popular music?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'd say Pattie Boyd (Harrison and Clapton both wrote a fistful of superb songs about their feelings for her) although Marianne Faithful didn't do too badly either

This lady, I always moved by the lyrics to this beautiful song which co-incidentally was played on Radio 2 (preceded by "Spirit of Radio" by Rush) after the 0900 news this morning - stick that in your transmitter Heart!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Muse.jpg

Obviously.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Not a significant muse in anyway, but the Pixies song Make Believe, showcasing drummer David Lovering's obsession with 80s pop princess Debbie Gibson always makes me laugh. I prefer Julian Clary's view of young Debbie. When interviewing her, asking what she was up to and getting the response that she'd been in the studio recording, he spluttered "Good God, do we really need amother album from you?"

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I'd say Pattie Boyd (Harrison and Clapton both wrote a fistful of superb songs about their feelings for her) although Marianne Faithful didn't do too badly either

I'd go with Pattie Boyd. Her autobiography is a better insight into the early career and times of Mr Eric Clapton than Eric's own autobiography....probably because she can remember those times better than he did. It's well worth a read. She seems genuinely remorseful about how she dumped George Harrison for a drunk (Clapton, at that time) .... She was also one hot babe!!

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Probably the most sensual song by a woman was this..

but the one woman who I was nutty about to the degree of being silly was Grace Slik of Jefferson Airplane

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Thatcher had a fair few songs written about her, not very positive ones mind

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here