Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

looking for work

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
hiya everyone i was just wonder if anyone knows anywhere in the brighton and hove or worthing area recruiting for staff i am looking for sports work or retail or bar or anything else in reason and if you do inbox me please many thanks mark

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
sports / fitness work or serving alcohol to drunk people are vast contrasts. maybe rethink for a bit before jumping into something where you will give most of your life energy.

good luck.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
When I was younger and out of work I used to go to industrial estates and such like and knock on doors. People like youngsters that show enthusiasm.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You could go to your local employment exchange and see what positions need to be filled.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If you're in Shoreham-by-Sea, as your details suggest, now is the time to try and get your foot in the door at M&S or Tesco, for Christmas jobs. I did that many moons ago and earned loads because they are always looking for people to do extra hours.

Or sign up with an agency? (I might be naive in thinking that, as it's been a while since I did agency work, but whenever I did, they managed to come up with a position pretty quickly).

Good luck Mark. Hope you find something soon.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I cannot offer you any work but I wish you all the best. It's tough but do not give up.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I cannot offer you any work but I wish you all the best. It's tough but do not give up.

I'd like to echo this. Good luck mate, it's not easy but you'll get something in the end.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
If you're in Shoreham-by-Sea, as your details suggest, now is the time to try and get your foot in the door at M&S or Tesco, for Christmas jobs. I did that many moons ago and earned loads because they are always looking for people to do extra hours.

Or sign up with an agency? (I might be naive in thinking that, as it's been a while since I did agency work, but whenever I did, they managed to come up with a position pretty quickly).

Good luck Mark. Hope you find something soon.

This is great advice.

Perform well as a Christmas temp and you may stand a chance of being offered a permanant role. Even if you don't, it's good work experience with a recognised retailer, which can only be positive for your CV.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
indeed job search shows there are 26000 jobs at present near shoreham,foundit a great site and gets updated in seconds,,good luck

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
hiya everyone i was just wonder if anyone knows anywhere in the Brighton and hove or Worthing area recruiting for staff i am looking for sports work or retail or bar or anything else in reason and if you do inbox me please many thanks mark

I wish you the best of luck as well Mark.

I saw your twitter message saying the same thing last night and what struck me then and now is the use of punctuation and sentence structure. You need to make the best impact with the first impression. Remember they do last! We could work on what you are saying, perhaps highlight your skill set, work ethic or training in these areas to show a potential recruiter your strengths. Then, as said above, refine your search possibly just to the service industry. I would finish on a strong, positive personal statement that links your skills/enthusiasm/work ethic etc...to the sector and then ask if anyone is aware of any opportunities. This could be done in three punchy sentences. I am sure many will disagree or work on what I have suggested but we would all agree that you need to convince an employer why you are the one they should hire. Any other suggestions people?

Below is a brief QC of your original statement to help highlight some things for next time.

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone knows anywhere in the Brighton and Hove or Worthing areas that are recruiting for staff? I am looking for sports work, retail, bar or anything else in reason. If you do inbox me please. Many thanks, Mark

You may wish to consider when you post or tweet these messages as well. There is some excellent research available on-line about the best times and which days to tweet/post/email. This prevents it getting lost in timelines, bottom of pages or in the midst of a busy inbox.

Perhaps use this thread as a sounding board of ideas and please don't take what I have said as a criticism I am just passing on stuff that I have learnt.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
hiya everyone i was just wonder if anyone knows anywhere in the brighton and hove or worthing area recruiting for staff i am looking for sports work or retail or bar or anything else in reason and if you do inbox me please many thanks mark

I'd agree with the above about the grammar (first impressions do count). I'd also suggest if you're posting messages like this on Twitter, a bar manager or retail sector worker will look at this and question wether that's something you really want to do in the long term. You really need to be targetted and focussed if you want to make an impression. Although it may seem a good idea to say "I'll do anything i'm not really bothered" it'll probably put off a lot of people who would otherwise be interested. It costs a lot to train a staff memeber and get them 'settled in' and companies don't want to do that if they're only getting a short-term investment out of their prospective employee.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

Mark, have you considered going into a skilled trade so you can earn yourself a career and maybe run your own business one day. Might be a good step to try and get an apprenticeship under your belt. Here's a link to get things moving.

http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/Be-An-Apprentice.aspx

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Maybe not for you, Mark, but this thread has reminded me that there is a factory at The Hyde in lower Bevendean that has a large notice outside wanting van drivers (7.5t). Not interested myself and was just walking past but if it helps anyone looking for that sort of work....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here