Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arcade Fire - Reflektor

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just listened to this for the first time. What a tune. Just brilliant. They just get better and better and better.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
About 2 minutes too long and doesn't ever lead anywhere, not their best.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

I'd have been happy if it was twice as long. I'm not saying it's their best, I feel like this about their new releases every time. Their brilliance continues to shine, though. And on first listen, this is already one of the tunes of the year.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't forget DAVID BOWIE is on the track too.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's so good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ah man. I hope he's doing their next album, I like this direction for Arcade Fire.

He has produced the forthcoming album which Reflektor is from (and the lead single has got his trademarks all over it).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He has produced the forthcoming album which Reflektor is from (and the lead single has got his trademarks all over it).

celebrate-300x217.gif

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just listened to this for the first time. What a tune. Just brilliant. They just get better and better and better.

You are of course totally correct. I like the fact they vary their style album to album, but it is always distinctively them, but they always hit the spot.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think the piano at the end will take you wherever you want to go. In fact, if I ever hear this played in a club I dont think I'll ever come back.

It's a seriously good tune.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Interesting, just heard it myself, I like it, but my first impression is LCD Soundsystem with Mr & Mrs Butler on vocals. Can't wait to hear the whole album - just went to their website to pre-order the vinyl and they wanted access to all my Facebook friends, bit cheeky. Might wait an eternity for it to arrive in Perth.......

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Interesting, just heard it myself, I like it, but my first impression is LCD Soundsystem with Mr & Mrs Butler on vocals. Can't wait to hear the whole album - just went to their website to pre-order the vinyl and they wanted access to all my Facebook friends, bit cheeky. Might wait an eternity for it to arrive in Perth.......

Agree. Murphy's influence is all over this track.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I've been mulling your comment about it no going anywhere. It manages to shoe horn quite a few of the dynamics you associate with dance music into 7 minutes. At a very simple level it builds, stomps around for a bit, has a couple of breakdowns, builds again with euphoric peaks here and there and then scales the final peak at the end; it's a total roller coaster of a track. It's a whole night on the dance floor in one single tune.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I've been mulling your comment about it no going anywhere. It manages to shoe horn quite a few of the dynamics you associate with dance music into 7 minutes. At a very simple level it builds, stomps around for a bit, has a couple of breakdowns, builds again with euphoric peaks here and there and then scales the final peak at the end; it's a total roller coaster of a track. It's a whole night on the dance floor in one single tune.

It's brilliant. I've listened to it several times now, and it's got better. Up there with their best.

Hustpierpoint saying it goes nowhere is just a bizarre comment in my eyes.

Can't wait for the album.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I'm loving it more with every listen.

I can't wait to get hold of the new album or to see them play live again. Haven't been this excited about new music for quite some time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here