NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes enjoyed it.

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
I enjoy Hislop's humour and admire his ability to comment and Wipers was no exception. Another success for him.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another thumbs up here.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Agree. Excellent programme. Ben chaplin was very good.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Really enjoyed it. Nice technique and the humour and pathos was judged well.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
some genuine chuckles from me, difficult to do given the context. I am going to look at some of the genuine articles, if they really had the nerve to print some of that stuff, then I am really impressed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hislop was interviewed by Richard Bacon.

He gave the impression they didn't really have to do much 'work' on the programme, as it was all there.
He was keen to stress it was a very true story.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Had looked forward to it and was not disappointed. Thought Michael Palin's cameo was just right. Really made me want to be able to read some of the original material. Thought the theatrical music-hall interjections were really good as well.

Watched it last night, superb piece of TV on all levels - Ben Chaplin has certainly moved on since his "Game On" days and both he and the show deserve awards. Think you have still got a couple of days to catch it on iPlayer.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Havent watched it yet but will this weekend.

Anyone see peaky blinders last night?

Now that was good!

And a decent sound track Nick Cave, White Stripes.

Yep. Thought Wipers and Blinders were the two highlights of the week.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Anyone see it? Best thing I have seen telly for along long time. Brilliantly written, directed and acted. if you didn't see it have a look on the iPlayer.

Great programme. By great coincidence four of us were in Ypres from last Sunday to Thursday. When we got home we saw the prog. was on and watched it.
If any of you have never been to Ypres then it is a "must do" experience.
We went to the Menin Gate on Wednesday night. It was pouring with rain but was packed with British, Belgian and many other nationals who were there to hear the last post performed by the Belgians. They have done so every night night since WW1 ended (except for German occupation in WW2). It made hairs stand at back of neck.
Ypres now fully rebuilt is a pleasant town with a nice cathedral and impressive Cloth Hall which houses the Flanders Fields fantastic museum. Pascherndale also has a very interesting WW1 museum. On our way back we called in at Vimy Ridge in France. Also a good visit.
Also, importantly, the beer was very good!!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Great programme. By great coincidence four of us were in Ypres from last Sunday to Thursday. When we got home we saw the prog. was on and watched it.
If any of you have never been to Ypres then it is a "must do" experience.
We went to the Menin Gate on Wednesday night. It was pouring with rain but was packed with British, Belgian and many other nationals who were there to hear the last post performed by the Belgians. They have done so every night night since WW1 ended (except for German occupation in WW2). It made hairs stand at back of neck.
Ypres now fully rebuilt is a pleasant town with a nice cathedral and impressive Cloth Hall which houses the Flanders Fields fantastic museum. Pascherndale also has a very interesting WW1 museum. On our way back we called in at Vimy Ridge in France. Also a good visit.
Also, importantly, the beer was very good!!!

Did you visit the British church tucked behind the cathedral? Used to be a Belgium chocolate shop just off the main square leading to the gate run by a lady whose father looked after the church during the war. She was very proud of this and spent a very long time telling many a tale whilst plying me with chocolate. I ve been many a time, sadly she passed away a few years ago.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here