Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can the Reading game be recorded onto removable media?

I won't be able to watch this game as it's being played, but have a relative with Sky. Would they be able to record it onto a DVD or SD card for me? Would they need a Skybox, and would they need to record onto that and then transfer it to me somehow? I know that if you download a BBC iPlayer show then you need DRM (rights) on the PC that you play it on.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Would they not be able to give you one of their SkyGo passwords for the day??

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I have transferred many recordings from Sky+ to my DVD recorder. Press record on your DVD recorder and then play on your Sky box.

Presume you can then go one stage further and dub from the hard drive onto a DVD-R or maybe you could try and record direct to a DVD-R, I've not tried that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Presume you can then go one stage further and dub from the hard drive onto a DVD-R or maybe you could try and record direct to a DVD-R, I've not tried that.

You can. I do it all the time. Just not with box office movies or ppv events.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Don't Sky restrict you to two nominated devices for that facility (presuming that Skygo is the 'watch-away-from-the-home' facility), or am I thinking of a different one?

Yeah but you can chop and change. So they could give it to you, keep you on it if they have no use for the other one, or just remove your device and they have one of their options back. Simples as that.

You'll also be able to get a stream at cricfree.tv usually good quality as well. They stream all the Sky Sports channels all day.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is that because those have DRM?
Can you not transfer a recording from the Skybox hard drive onto an SD card?

I presume so. You can record wrestling events to video, just not DVD, but as far as I'm aware everything else on skybox office is protected. The stuff that airs on all the channels are as recordable as any TV programme.

If you have a sky hd box and it's connected to the Internet I'm pretty sure you can download the games from catch up on anytime or on demand or whatever they call it now.

I don't know that there is a slot for sd cards on the box. A friend seems to think that in the past you could transfer things using a USB stick, but I never tried that so have no idea if he is right or not.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My SD card is already in a reader, so all that's required is a USB slot. Do these Skyboxes all have one?

I think there is are usb slots on most boxes, I just don't know for sure if you can use it to store recordings, and if you can whether you can watch the recordings on anything other than a sky box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here