Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comic books

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Ok I'm a bit of a nerd, always loved a comic, Hulk, Superman, Spiderman, Dare Devil, I have got to shoe boxes full, I think it's time I parted with them! :-(

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Don't do it! I wish I still had mine (or could afford to buy new ones).

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Got any 'Commando'..?

Is it true they used 'Himmler!' as a typical exclamation of German soldiers when exasperated by something in battle?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Ok I'm a bit of a nerd, always loved a comic, Hulk, Superman, Spiderman, Dare Devil, I have got to shoe boxes full, I think it's time I parted with them! :-(

My son has just started getting into DC and Marvel Comics and absolutely loves them...he got a few in the States when we went and has been hooked ever since.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
dont forget the classic "donner und blitzen"

Good stuff!

I do remember them using 'Englander' a lot. And then, inside of the back page of a WWII comic, there'd be a black and white photo of Alan Kennedy (Liverpool). Very random.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I've been getting in to 'Scalped' graphic novel (posh comic) series recently. Definitely worth a dabble.

As for the old stuff, I have around 5 boxes of 2000ad comics and spin offs in the loft that I refuse to ever get rid of.

One day they'll be worth money..........

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Diiiiid somebody say Deadpool?

2640630-deadpool.png

No? Oh, my bad.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Interesting; I have about 20000 comics and annuals, and my wife thinks it's about time that I parted with them - dream on!
I have a full set of 2000AD Comics and Annuals (geek boast!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here