Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official abridged version of Barber's messages

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Don't get me wrong! I like the guy and think he's doing a decent job (don't pillar me for that opinion please)

But after receiving several emails and reading more on here, I think he needs too, em, shorten his wordsmith. I rarely get beyond paragraph 17 before switching off.

So can we have a thread where someone surmises his club comms in just a few sentences so I've more time to finish reading my latest book: War and Peace by L.Tolstoy.

Ta.

Ps what was the latest one re:1901 about?!

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Shame you have missed out. Paragraph 18 is where it all kicks off!!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
For God's sake don't give up your day job

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
it's strange having a Chief Executive who really wants to be a blog writer.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Just got an email about one of our commerical partners suggesting I buy a 63 plated car.

I decided not to. Bad fan.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just got an email about one of our commerical partners suggesting I buy a 63 plated car.

I decided not to. Bad fan.

Got that as well. Anymore of those and I shall unsubscribe....................... Headline was 'BREAKING NEWS.... Very annoying.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Got that as well. Anymore of those and I shall unsubscribe....................... Headline was 'BREAKING NEWS.... Very annoying.

Do what I am sure most people do - delete it without reading. No different to dumping junk mail unopened

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
it's strange having a Chief Executive who really wants to be a blog writer.

Yes, it's weird because everything I'm lead to believe about working with such senior executives points towards doing so in fewest possible words, which isn't easy. And yet Paul seems to be the polar opposite and would quite happily read a customer complaint that ran to dissertation levels. And reply similarly!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Summary of most emails in one line:

"Don't blame me, blame Financial Fair Play.....'

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I wonder whether he has a team of ghost writers.

...the same ghostwriters that saw to it that Oscar Garcia has the identical writing style in the match day programme as Gus Poyet, as well as a suspiciously detailed knowledge of the recent history of Norwich City. Unless he was following the fortunes of the Canaries closely while he was in Spain and Israel.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't get me wrong! I like the guy and think he's doing a decent job (don't pillar me for that opinion please)

But after receiving several emails and reading more on here, I think he needs too, em, shorten his wordsmith. I rarely get beyond paragraph 17 before switching off.

So can we have a thread where someone surmises his club comms in just a few sentences so I've more time to finish reading my latest book: War and Peace by L.Tolstoy.

Ta.

Ps what was the latest one re:1901 about?!

I agree with you - he does tend to use a lot more words, than is strictly necessary. To be fair to him though, at least he tends to know how to use those words correctly.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I wonder whether he has a team of ghost writers.

...the same ghostwriters that saw to it that Oscar Garcia has the identical writing style in the match day programme as Gus Poyet, as well as a suspiciously detailed knowledge of the recent history of Norwich City. Unless he was following the fortunes of the Canaries closely while he was in Spain and Israel.

You don't also think he has a standard email including the 17+ paragraphs about FFP that he gets someone to tweak before sending his 'personal' reply to every email query?

Because that would utterly destroy my faith in humanity.

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
As Winston Churchill said when asked how he writes such good short letters 'i write a long one first'.

Perhaps when things calm down nsc could buy Paul a course in assertive writing. One guy on the park and ride back to the race hill last match was playing barber bingo where he was picking out the stock phrases

'price points'
'financial fair play'

And so on

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
'You guys...'

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is he actually paid per word?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

I unsubscribed from the marketing mails. There is a risk I will miss something important as it wasn't possible to split messages about partners from club messages. But hey ho

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here