Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone ever been to a stylist?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I'm in need of a new haircut. Usually I just get something simple from the barbers which costs me about £8.50 with my student card but I now have quite a bad receding hairline (I'm only 20! :tantrum: ).

I'm considering just getting a #2 or #3 all over but haven't really had it that short before and am a bit apprehensive. Therefore, i'm considering going to a 'stylist'. It would cost a lot more than just going to the barbers but I would expect them to be a lot more helpful/knowledgeable and should be able to sort me with a cut that should suit my ugly mug.

Anyone been to a stylist before? Worth it?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I know loads of people that have been to a stylist to get a hair cut. If you like, I'm sure they would give you advice about what to do when your fanny bleeds each month as well.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
regaine-for-men-extra-strength-foam-triple-pack.jpg

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
I find if I go to a proper stylist type place like you mention they're much better at haircuts than the barbers. But then it's a lot more expensive, so like a lot of things in life, you're paying for that premium.

However, hair grows back and out of 'styles' fairly quickly. So after 2 weeks after it's cut you may as well have just gone to a barbers tbh...So unless it's a big occasion (like a wedding etc) I'd say stick to the barbers.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Brighton has many outlets for gentlemen who like to look fancy. My advise: just get it cut.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I've been receeding since 21. Started shaving it, but have grown it back since because I didn't like being the only baldy amongst my friends. Fortunately I'm not bald on top.

My advice, just go with it. Either shave it off, or carry on as usual knowing that your forehead is getting bigger. Don't try to cover it up.

Yogi Hair

Jan 25, 2012
I am a stylist with 30 years experience. 7 years ago I "switched codes" and started up my barbers. I now give a stylists haircut & service (incl washing & drying if you want that) for £10. I filled the gap in the market that you are looking for & my shop is very busy. I am based in East Preston, feel free to pop in if you are over this way. We love talking footie! My CV includes Gazza, Mick Harford & Iain Dowie. Call 01903 785111 & ask for me. Cheers Rich (STH WL) www.shortcutsbarbers.co.uk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here