Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How did we do last night ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Better to be deluded than be a Wales supporter in my view.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
England fans are not deluded. We all know what our standard is. It's a media/fan disconnect that they assume all England fans expect auto-qualification and World Cup wins when really, we expect a hard slog through qualifying followed by a disappointing tournament performance.

Plus, Savage talks absolute nonsense anyway.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
What a load of cack. Assuming things like that to be fact makes him look like an idiot. Obviously a few Tweets don't tell the whole picture :/

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
got a chip on his shoulder the size of India,like alot of taffs

England are the only nation to win the football world cup & the rugby world cup

keep dreaming boyo's

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I've not been deluded for about 15 years now. It's the media that seem to translate excitement and pride into divine expectation. I haven't met an English fan who thought we could get to the final let alone win it since 1990. It's a mystery why those in the media think a bit of moaning or even a lot means we think we can compete with the top 20 countries. We don't! It's the pundits that are deluded or seriously detached from ordinary supporters...but then they would be not mixing with fans anymore in their blacked out range rovers and expensive restaurants kids at private schools etc. I don't blame them, must be hard to empathise with people who earn less in a year than they did in a week.

HarHarHen

Jul 28, 2013
Brighton
got a chip on his shoulder the size of India,like alot of taffs

England are the only nation to win the football world cup & the rugby world cup

keep dreaming boyo's

Lot of family from Cardiff and none of them have any chips, there will always be a minority as with deluded England supporters. The minority always shout louder, looking at Twitter over reactions and media hysteria it's not hard to see why people think we're all ridiculously arrogant.

If we qualify I think we are going to need a rather favourable group just to proceed past there.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Better to be deluded than be that welsh clown, one of those people that whores the media and people seem to like but I think he's a knob. Not denying some 'English' fans are deluded though. **** off Lilly

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Lot of family from Cardiff and none of them have any chips, there will always be a minority as with deluded England supporters. The minority always shout louder, looking at Twitter over reactions and media hysteria it's not hard to see why people think we're all ridiculously arrogant.

If we qualify I think we are going to need a rather favourable group just to proceed past there.

pretty much on the money this post.

As a whole, since 2008, England fans have been pretty realistic about our abilities. Especially after the 2010 world cup.

But prior to that, towards the end of Sven's reign it wasn't just a minority claiming we SHOULD be reaching Semi-finals at least.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It's not about being deluded, it's about wanting to watch a performance that befits a national team.

When centre-backs and midfield players can't pass a ball 5 yards there is little hope.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
England fans are not deluded. We all know what our standard is. It's a media/fan disconnect that they assume all England fans expect auto-qualification and World Cup wins when really, we expect a hard slog through qualifying followed by a disappointing tournament performance.

Plus, Savage talks absolute nonsense anyway.

Absolutely this - The media, particularly our beloved BBC have a great habit of forming their own 'public' opinion, such as the Andy and Judy Murray love in - 'The whole country is behind you', patently not..... Bob Wilis got in on the act last week at the Eng v Ire cricket, describing it as the bitterest of rivalries?!?! It's possibly the most one sided rivalry imaginable, just ahead of Wales v Eng.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It's actually quite the reverse, I think alot of England fans would admit that our record has been relatively okay, given quite how remarkably sh*t we are most of the time.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think everyone knows we're not very good in the grand scheme of things. I think it's more that we (rightly) can't believe what a lack of talent we have in the country considering that England is one of the hubs of world football.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I think everyone knows we're not very good in the grand scheme of things. I think it's more that we (rightly) can't believe what a lack of talent we have in the country considering that England is one of the hubs of world football.

Being stifled by Johnny Foreigner , English talent gets farmed out to lower league teams where the standard is not so good, consequently their talent gets stunted.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
He's entitled to an opinion. I think most England supporters have acknowledged the team's shortcomings, the reasons for them and a way to make the team improve......I'm not too sure that the FA have though.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
What a prat he looks with his hat on back to front at his age.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I actually agree with what he is saying. Although I don't know many people expecting us to be challenging to win the World Cup. Perhaps the one failing with his argument is that he mistakes media hype for fan expectations.

I've quite liked Savage ever since he wore the stripes.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Genuine question.

Does he ever say "deluded"?

I watched it this morning in the background and never heard the word but perhaps I missed it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here