Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LuaLua has a big role to play [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]LuaLua has a big role to play[/h] 8:30am Wednesday 11th September 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2630654.jpg
Kazenga LuaLua made an impact as a substitute in Albion's last match against Millwall
Keith*Andrews has told Albion team-mate Kazenga LuaLua not to under-estimate his value as an impact substitute.
LuaLua set up Leo Ulloa’s equaliser and helped turn the game with fellow substitute Andrea Orlandi in the Seagulls’ last outing against Millwall.
Orlandi is more likely to start Sunday’s Sky televised clash with Reading at the Madejski Stadium (1.15pm).
LuaLua has made 46 of his 84 Albion appearances from the bench, but Andrews believes the 22-year-old former Newcastle winger is still a key player.
Midfielder Andrews, 32, said: “Young players in particular can under-estimate the impacts substitutes have.
“When managers say it’s a squad, the subs are important, the lads that aren’t involved sometimes see it as a cliche but in this day and age with the frequency of games it’s so important.
“Players when they come on, especially the explosive impact-type players, can win you games or get you a draw.”
Andrews has been impressed by LuaLua since signing on loan from Bolton Wanderers for the season.
He said: “I don’t really know what has gone on in the past but from my point of view, in the weeks I have been here, he has been fantastic.
“He’s been a real character in the dressing room. The lads say he has come out of his shell a little bit more this season.
“I’ve got a lot of time for him. I think he is a very good young player with a lot of talent and certainly I will be looking to push him on and give him any advice I can.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here