Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

@Tab Tablet

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Anyone had any dealings with this tablet , reads well and looks like the sort of thing i am after . But being less than computer savvy im really not sure . Can't afford i-pad so was looking for something a little cheaper. Mainley use it for surfing , gaming etc.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What's the price?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I've got a nook it was £130 for 16gb and does the job for me ;) the tab looks pretty good too. You got to ask yourself do you want to show off with it, if yes get an ipad if no then the tab should be ok.

No mate , don't need to show it off. Just never heard of them before today , reviews seem good but thought i would check with NSC before buying .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
****ing woeful name.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Not to worried about the name as long as it does the job. As i said earlier not going to be showing it off to mates,i've grown out of that now i'm in my 50s ..:lol:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Don't get the Kindle, go for the Nexus 7 if you want an affordable tablet.

But don't get the old (2012) model. The brand new Nexus 7 has just been released, meaning the old model is now even cheaper, HOWEVER the hardware is shoddy on this one and it will frustrate you immensely.

The 16gb model of the new Nexus 7 will set you back £199 and SHOULD be an asbolutely excellent tablet. But then so SHOULD the last one have been, and yet it deteriorated rapidly.

I am interested in replacing my painfully sluggish 32gb Nexus 7 but am not sure whether I can trust Asus/Google again with the new model just yet. The trouble is, by the time its been out long enough for people to have sufficiently tested it, it's out of date.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Don't get the Kindle, go for the Nexus 7 if you want an affordable tablet.
This, definitely.

edit: not that I have a Nexus 7, just a generic Android tab with much the same spec as the one the OP mentions but with a 7" screen instead of a 10" one. It cost me £84 from Amazon and works fine for what I need it for (watching anime, games, web etc). But I would have got a Nexus 7 if I could have afforded one. ANd not a Kindle Fire. Because they seem a bit limited.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But don't get the old (2012) model. The brand new Nexus 7 has just been released, meaning the old model is now even cheaper, HOWEVER the hardware is shoddy on this one and it will frustrate you immensely.

The 16gb model of the new Nexus 7 will set you back £199 and SHOULD be an asbolutely excellent tablet. But then so SHOULD the last one have been, and yet it deteriorated rapidly.

I am interested in replacing my painfully sluggish 32gb Nexus 7 but am not sure whether I can trust Asus/Google again with the new model just yet. The trouble is, by the time its been out long enough for people to have sufficiently tested it, it's out of date.

Have you not got the 4.3 update? It completely stopped any lag on mine (wasn't too bad anyway). It clears TRIM, whatever that may be, apparently it's something like defragmenting a Windows machine.

Anyway, I would heartily recommend the older nexus, fantastic value and I've had no problems with mine. I think since of the new ones have suffered touch issues and gps problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here