Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Palace to Amex bike ride - 29th September - PLEASE SUPPORT THE TEAM

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Hello All,

The bike ride this year is happening in a few weekends time, and we are looking at having at least 20 riders which is a great turn out.

There is a JustGiving page which has links to a few of these riders' fundraising pages. https://www.justgiving.com/teams/REMF2013BikeRide

Please follow the link, dig deep and sponsor a member of the team. REMF is an absolutely superb charity which has historically had very strong support here on NSC, and I would like to think that we can rally together to raise as much money as possible for this excellent charitable cause. More information on REMF can be found here http://www.remf.org.uk/

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, and will make sure to post some pictures and final fundraising figures on here once the ride is complete.

All the best.

James

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well done to Gareth! Cracking effort.

Any news on the route yet James? I know a number of riders piled in with thoughts.

Pogue Mahone and I are going to stretch ourselves a little further and cycle there and back. We got a couple more sponsors with the offer.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
The route has been planned out by Bold Seagull and emailed out to the distribution list last night.

Are you guys not on the email list, as if you aren't drop me a line at snook4charity@gmail.com so I can keep you in the loop.

Also if you fancy it the famous Brett Mendoza and I are riding the route on the 22nd September as a practice if you fancy joining in?

James

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade
The route has been planned out by Bold Seagull and emailed out to the distribution list last night.

Are you guys not on the email list, as if you aren't drop me a line at snook4charity@gmail.com so I can keep you in the loop.

Also if you fancy it the famous Brett Mendoza and I are riding the route on the 22nd September as a practice if you fancy joining in?

James

The judge is up for it but don't forget i am an old man !!!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well done to Gareth! Cracking effort.

Any news on the route yet James? I know a number of riders piled in with thoughts.

Pogue Mahone and I are going to stretch ourselves a little further and cycle there and back. We got a couple more sponsors with the offer.

:eek:

You what!?

What time will we have to set off?!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is what we have achieved together in the name of Robert Eaton.

The First 10 years.

Los Peladitos - 230 disadvantaged children in Queens, New York provided with a 3 year funding grant of 230 shirts, 150 balls and equipment.

Seagulls Specials - £ 7000 grant over the last 2 years for handicapped and special needs people in the local community which has been an integral part in them surviving ...and moving forward.

Coaching for Hope - £ 3000 grant over 3 years to provide kit and equipment for Aids orphans in Mali, Africa for poor and parentless kids to bring a smile to their faces.

8 local youth football clubs in the Brighton & Hove area provided with kit and equipment benefiting hundreds of local kids to play football and enhance their lives.

4 sets of kit for Wickham Wanderers youth teams in recognition of the support from our friends at CPFC.

Goals for impoverished kids in Cambodia to play football.

A set of kit for underprivileged children in South Africa.

Since 2011

Aitc - 2 - kickz project, whitehawk, seagulls specials mini bus £ 30000

Local teams - 5

Croydon - 2 teams - sutton eagles, crystal palace foundation £ 8750

Overseas - Kenya, Uganda

Total Now Raised since 2001 - Over £ 140000.

The Argus Sussex charity of the year in 2009 and also short listed in 2002, 2007 and 2008.

The fund going from strength to strength after that terrible day for humanity in 2001 when we lost one of our own showing human endeavour, spirit and love will always overcome the forces of evil.

Every single person who has helped, donated or attended the REMF since 2001 from BHAFC, CPFC and everywhere can be proud of what they have achieved in the name of Robert Eaton. RIP. I know the Eatons find incredible comfort from the REMF and we can all hope that Robert looks down from above and realises what has occurred in his name. I am sure he would be proud.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't forget your caps, chaps.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Should do it in 3 hours at a 17mph average! Depart at 6am sharp if you want to make a 9am start in Croydon!!! Can you forward on the emails I sent to you with the route please.

I haven't checked my emails yet - will do so. Who am I forwarding the routes to?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Would it be possible to post the route on here so that those of us who are not up to doing the ride ourselves can keep an eye out for the riders en route?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here