Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was he right to have a go?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Police apologise to Prince Andrew...I ask why....the Palace had two intruders and he is wandering around and is challenged to produce his ID. I was on sentry duty at a radar station and everyone...including the Admiral, all officers wether I knew their facial features or not I had to ask for ID on the promise of punishment if I did'nt...the police were doing their job and the mighty freeloader comes out with this 'Don't you know who I'm attitude...these days with clever masking and make up you can make a reasonable double.....I do have respect for the senior Royals but somehow this jumped up second son who was lucky enough to been born into Royalty thinks he has the right to act like prat...
I know we all have different opinions but this sort of behavior is uncalled for.....rant over.....peace be with you ...:thumbsup:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
If they want security then they have to put up with intrusions....and couldn't he been polite instead of F...ING AND BLINDING AT THEM....it doesn't matter who you are...it cost nothing to be polite instead of this precocious pretensious superior attitude.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
It's funny but months and months of positive spin like the royal baby are undone in a tick by that useless **** and reminds people that they are a bunch of upper class , over privileged tossers
:thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ordinarily, anyone pulling the "don't you know who I am?" line is a **** but he's 5th in line to the throne and wandering around Buckingham Palace - a place he has been to thousands of times and where he has offices and private chambers. You'd think that the police who are there to guard the royals should know what they actually look like. I think his reaction is, in the circumstances, quite understandable. Sadly, it will get blown out of proportion and distorted by those who can't wait to put the boot into the Royals whenever and wherever they can.

And we know from that 10 Downing Street farce that police aren't averse to fibbing about what really is said.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Ordinarily, anyone pulling the "don't you know who I am?" line is a **** but he's 5th in line to the throne and wandering around Buckingham Palace - a place he has been to thousands of times and where he has offices and private chambers. You'd think that the police who are there to guard the royals should know what they actually look like. I think his reaction is, in the circumstances, quite understandable. Sadly, it will get blown out of proportion and distorted by those who can't wait to put the boot into the Royals whenever and wherever they can.

And we know from that 10 Downing Street farce that police aren't averse to fibbing about what really is said.

As opposed to those who love putting the boot into the police. I think you fall firmly into that camp.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As opposed to those who love putting the boot into the police. I think you fall firmly into that camp.

Perhaps you have a point. If it appears that I'm anti-police on here then I apologise. On the whole, I'm very pro-police and think that we probably have the best police force in the world. I do however have specific issues and am extremely unhappy with the way they police football/football fans and the way they close ranks when the bad cops get caught out.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Perhaps you have a point. If it appears that I'm anti-police on here then I apologise. On the whole, I'm very pro-police and think that we probably have the best police force in the world. I do however have specific issues and am extremely unhappy with the way they police football/football fans and the way they close ranks when the bad cops get caught out.

That's fair enough. I must admit from your previous posts I did have you down as anti police, but glad to hear I was wrong. Tough job and someone has to do it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That's fair enough. I must admit from your previous posts I did have you down as anti police, but glad to hear I was wrong. Tough job and someone has to do it.

Nope. I think you made a fair point. In my defence, the threads on the police here do tend to be about policing footie or negative stories as with the Tomlinson case. I do agree - very tough job and getting tougher.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

Just because he is 5th in line to the throne it does not stop him from being polite...no excuse at all....how annoyed would he be if someone told him a few F words...as I said in my post that I have respect to the senior Royals but Andrew is just a freeloading arrogant man...he is 5th in line...does that make him a better man than you...no...manners maketh man and he has a lot to learn.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
If it had turned out to be a look alike then they would have gone crazy that he wasn't challenged and say how they would all be happy to supply their details whenever asked. Because it happened the other way he is getting his knickers in a twist.

Ultimately I am anti royal and feel they need to appreciate how lucky they are to have been born into it. They have done nothing to deserve it but be a lucky sperm

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Put the boot in to the police and you are nicked, but if a rozzer does a carotid nerve pinch on a peaceful protester at Balcombe its ok. Thatchers Britain lives on !

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If they want security then they have to put up with intrusions....and couldn't he been polite instead of F...ING AND BLINDING AT THEM....it doesn't matter who you are...it cost nothing to be polite instead of this precocious pretensious superior attitude.

Not sure what reports you've read but none that I read mentioned him swearing at them ???

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ultimately I am anti royal and feel they need to appreciate how lucky they are to have been born into it. They have done nothing to deserve it but be a lucky sperm

IMHO you're not lucky to be a Royal - I certainly wouldn't want to be.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Put the boot in to the police and you are nicked, but if a rozzer does a carotid nerve pinch on a peaceful protester at Balcombe its ok. Thatchers Britain lives on !

Here we go. We were talking verbal booting a not physical.

Also it's very different somebody assaulting a police officer and a police officer asking a protester to move 10 times and they still refuse so they use a pressure point to gain compliance. Using force to assault and force to gain compliance are very different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here