Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shirt pullers.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I was thinking that should a player pull another's shirt to stop him from getting past then the offending player should be given an automatic red card and a two match suspension. Why should a player cheat to gain an advantage?

oh, just like the guy who handled at Leeds before scoring the winning goal , you mean.........

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Yellow card is sufficient however it means the referees need to adhere to it but they don't.

As a referee myself, it is really hard to give them unless they are obvious. Which always means I get shouted at/abused for making a decision either way.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As a referee myself, it is really hard to give them unless they are obvious. Which always means I get shouted at/abused for making a decision either way.

Sorry but that's a poor excuse. If all referees applied the law, no matter how many bookings in a game (and book both players if applicable) the sooner it will stop.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yellow card is sufficient however it means the referees need to adhere to it but they don't.

So true. Referees lack consistency and bottle. Virtually every corner or free kick outside the box has enough fouling to warrant a penalty, but they don't have the balls to give one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here