Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey's debts to their former players

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Surely a court of law needs to write off the Tal Ben Haim debt. He has defrauded them by pretending to be a footballer!!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's a great piece of reporting by the Portsmouth Evening News - plaudits for that.

Those figures are eye-watering: the parachute payments only last for another 20 months - how are those 40-month payments going to be met?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
That's a great piece of reporting by the Portsmouth Evening News - plaudits for that.

Those figures are eye-watering: the parachute payments only last for another 20 months - how are those 40-month payments going to be met?

This season is the 4th (and last) season that Pompey will receive parachute payments.

They were originally scheduled to receive 5.8million this year, but due to the new Premier League TV deal last year, they will actually receive around 9million. Whoever said cheats never prosper?

How parachute payments can halt Pompey's plummet

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Forgetting all the lump sum payments that are paid separately, their monthly out goings for the next 40 months on just ex-players is approx. £130,000 per month!!

Football stinks though with this sort of crap. HMRC and all those local business owed thousands and millions get f*ck all while some of these get idiots get shit loads just to see their contracts out - most of it not even money they've actually earned!!!

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
those debts to the players are whats left after they took a significant cut to what they were owed.poopey deserve to be where they are and i hope they keep trawling the depths of div 2 for a while yet.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This season is the 4th (and last) season that Pompey will receive parachute payments.

I thought they had another season of them, it's worse than I thought.

Forgetting all the lump sum payments that are paid separately, their monthly out goings for the next 40 months on just ex-players is approx. £130,000 per month!!

Football stinks though with this sort of crap. HMRC and all those local business owed thousands and millions get f*ck all while some of these get idiots get shit loads just to see their contracts out - most of it not even money they've actually earned!!!

What's scary is that all those players accepted a compromise deal - the figures quoted are less than half the sums owed. If they held out for the full amounts, Pompey would really be in trouble

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When people say we had the 14th biggest wage bill in the championhip season before last, that is based on the published figures. Portsmouth and Cardiff didn't release theirs. Looking at these figures I would say we were at least 15th. (I would suspect Cardiff were above us, too, but that's just my suspicion based on them being play off contenders for several seasons)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That list is a microcosm of what is wrong with English football.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Jeez,that's some monthly wonga....as well as paying their players and staff they have now...putting on top of that that they don't own their ground.....The futures dark...the future aint Orange...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here