Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Error 404

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Anyone else being plagued by getting Error 404 either when logging onto NSC or moving to another page? Bozza has said it's a DNS issue which will resolve itself but it's been goung on all day for me.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I had an issue which I think was caused by the laptop's clock being wrong.(I think the the CMOS battery needs replacing). After I updated the time and date, the 404 Error resolved itself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been getting in through the back door, so to speak.

Google NSC, pick up a specific thread, click on that, then click on The Big Board.

It's working for me, at the moment.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Had a brief outage on my laptop, little while later checked the ipad and it worked, tapatalk worked, and now the site is back on my laptop.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I swear bozza is sat with the settings open turning NSC off when I say it works for me, then back on when I say it isn't...

Or flicking between "works on ipad not laptop" and "works on laptop not ipad". He clearly has it in for me...

Last edited:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Seems to be a lottery whether I can access NSC, more often or not there is 'Error 404' or 'web page cannot be found' or opens another webpage claiming that it has just registered northstandchat as its domain. Occasionally get thru via an old thread but has also kicked me out a couple of times.

Might actually have to watch the England game at this rate.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Seems to be a lottery whether I can access NSC, more often or not there is 'Error 404' or 'web page cannot be found' or opens another webpage claiming that it has just registered northstandchat as its domain. Occasionally get thru via an old thread but has also kicked me out a couple of times.

Might actually have to watch the England game at this rate.

Snap to all of that ....pain in ones bottom. Just have to make the missus life a misery until its sorted.:drink:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well I've got a level 105. Does that beat a 404?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This morning on my iPad it seems NSC works for five minutes, then doesn't for five minutes, then does, then doesn't...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
404.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How come all is fine and dandy on my phone.
But its still a an error 404 nightmare on my main computer.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How come all is fine and dandy on my phone.
But its still a an error 404 nightmare on my main computer.

Is that with your phone using the same wifi as your computer?

As best I can tell, all settings are fine and I'm just hoping it's DNS stuff which can take a while to ripple out to all providers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is that with your phone using the same wifi as your computer?

As best I can tell, all settings are fine and I'm just hoping it's DNS stuff which can take a while to ripple out to all providers.
Ok, I thought it might be connected to the fact I only opened 'Syria' on my main computer but never the phone.
I'll just wait it out fingers crossed nothing has got into my computer.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ok, I thought it might be connected to the fact I only opened 'Syria' on my main computer but never the phone.
I'll just wait it out fingers crossed nothing has got into my computer.

Might be worth clearing your browser cache. If both your phone and your computer are using the same WiFi network (ie your phone isn't using 3G) then both should work.

The Syria page wasn't malware.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here