Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I know not everyone would want him to return, but with Nathan Jones back at the club, would you think he'd put in a word to Oscar about Zamora on loan?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
As much as i would like him to return, I don't want him to return

This does seem to be a popular stance these days, and I can understand why up to a point. However, Zamora's always been a confidence player, and with the kind of loving fanatical support he'd get with us I could see him really lifting his game again.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I know not everyone would want him to return, but with Nathan Jones back at the club, would you think he'd put in a word to Oscar about Zamora on loan?

ONLY if he thought he would be a good bet. He would be too professional to be sentimental about it and would reach a considered and objective opinion and would suggest it only if he thought it a good idea.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Mr Zamora is a professional footballer, which means he gets paid for playing. I suspect our club would not match the wages he would want to return to Brighton. He is not from Brighton, and I doubt he will ever come back, nor, I suspect, would the current manager have an ageing and often injured occasional strker/hold the ball up man on his wants list.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Trust me, it won't happen. As much as l loved Bobby Zee, (one of the greatest to ever wear the stripes IMO), at 30 plus he isn't the player he once was, and isn't the player we once knew, plus ... is it ever a good idea to go back? Lets just remember him at his best.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The time for him to return was the first season at the Amex. It wouldn't work now.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This does seem to be a popular stance these days, and I can understand why up to a point. However, Zamora's always been a confidence player, and with the kind of loving fanatical support he'd get with us I could see him really lifting his game again.

True, but the pressure to replicate his first stint at the club would be immense. If he doesn't score a goal every two games (which I wouldn't expect, by the way) people will get on his back. Failing here would be very sad if he came back.

Jimmy Grimble

This, we only play 1 striker and if BZ returned, it would mean either him or Ulloa will be put on the bench - and neither should be on there really.

Agreed.

He would be a fantastic squad player though. If we could detach ourselves from his previous spell and legendary status, then there'd be very few Albion fans who wouldn't want Zamora in our squad (on acceptable wages).

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Would rather sign players who like playing football, tbh.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Would rather sign players who like playing football, tbh.

My thoughts entirely. I can see him hangin' his boots up when his highly lucrative contract at QPR finally comes to an end tbh. :shrug:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
As I said in another thread a couple of days ago I think playing at The Amex would raise Bobby Z's game and that would be good for us and for him. His strength in holding up the ball with his back to the goal is a role we are now getting Ulloa to do, and better and batter he is getting at it, but if someone else did it just think the positions Ulloa could get into.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
As I said in another thread a couple of days ago I think playing at The Amex would raise Bobby Z's game and that would be good for us and for him. His strength in holding up the ball with his back to the goal is a role we are now getting Ulloa to do, and better and batter he is getting at it, but if someone else did it just think the positions Ulloa could get into.

Having said that only on a loan basis, we could not afford to pay him the full whack

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here