Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The BIG plus to us having Ward rather than Bridge

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is that barring freak injuries Ward is up to playing two games a week whereas Bridge seems to be unable to play two games a week. According to the Argus Bridge is touch and go to face us on Sunday. Bridge is without doubt the best FB we have had in my time watching the Albion but he misses too many matches these days.

Personally happy to have a full back that should be fit most of the time. Bridge missed quite a few games last season due to niggles whereas Ward has been an ever present since he arrived here.

The loss of Bridge may not be quite as big a loss as it seemed when he left for Reading.

Thoughts?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is that barring freak injuries Ward is up to playing two games a week whereas Bridge seems to be unable to play two games a week. According to the Argus Bridge is touch and go to face us on Sunday. Bridge is without doubt the best FB we have had in my time watching the Albion but he misses too many matches these days.

Personally happy to have a full back that should be fit most of the time. Bridge missed quite a few games last season due to niggles whereas Ward has been an ever present since he arrived here.

The loss of Bridge may not be quite as big a loss as it seemed when he left for Reading.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that you've pretty much guaranteed, that Ward will pick up an injury, in training tomorrow :nono:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Negative ****ers :lolol:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Thoughts?

I think you've made a good point there, and I tend to agree from what I've seen of Ward so far. He certainly doesn't look as suspect at defending as we were lead to believe (cue shocker against Reading).

PS; absolutely LOVED him completely taking out that gobshite Derry during the Millwall game.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
He must have played over 40 games for us last season, Bridge that is. I think he'll do exactly the same and contribute heavily to readings promotion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here