Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nile Rogers

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
EXACTLY what I was thinking when watching his Glastonbury set with Chic. Seems like he was involved in every great pop song between 1970-1985.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Could do a job

What?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
He certainly is a legend. A human jukebox for instance. I too watched his Chic performance at Glastonbury and was blown away by it.

To answer your question, I'm not sure. Lieber and Stoller were responsible for some mega hits for a wide range of artists. So too were the Bee Gee's.

unklbrian

Feb 4, 2012
He's certainly a legend ..... But .....

Holland Dozier Holland must shirley be far ahead in the hit stakes ???
and Eddie Holland & Lamont Dozier were artists in their own rights

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Saw his Glastonbury set in the flesh. Probably the highlight of my Summer.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Saw him interviewed on Sunday Brunch a while ago and they were talking about his white Fender guitar and the fact that he has used it to write and play on over 200 million dollars worth of hits.

Asked how much the guitar itself was worth, he replied 'a couple of hundred dollars'. When Tim Lovejoy looked at him quizically, he said 'well, it aint no use if I aint playing it...'

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I watched the glastonbury set yet again on you tube yesterday, there is an hour long life story on there as well which is a must watch if you love his music, as an old school funketeer i love it.
If you dont move to the instrumental bit in Le Freak you must be made of stone.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good Times riff I believe is the most used by other artists

He is a legend

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
The Glastonbury set was fantastic and I`m so pleased for him that he`s enjoying a renaissance at the mo, I didn't realise how many songs he`s been a part of for other artists too its amazing. I`m 47 so loved the chic sound first time round but its been great to hear my 15 year old saying how funky the songs are, like `my feet keep dancing` and good times etc, definite legend and very cool still. This year`s summer was made for sounds like that.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Is this man responsible for more hit singles, written or produced, than any other person. An absolute legend.

His set at Bestival was hit, hit, hit, hit, an absolute tour de force. I commented to the GF that Nile Rogers more than anyone else understood the formula that modern pop acts have picked up on - big choruses & easily repeatable lyrics with global appeal.

He also must have broken some form of record for most songs with the word "dance" in the chorus.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here